Thank you USA WC Team

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Out of 195 countries you qualified to play in the World Cup. 32 teams were invited.. You Qualified as a representative, You played hard, it may not be what you all expected or wanted to happen, but still out of 195 countries.....hats off to you....

Things I am impressed with....

England was to win the bracket...you did
Played with heart and determination

almost beat Brazil....ALMOST BEAT BRAZIL this year

Donovan I hope you and Dempsey arte here for the 2014 WC

Reactions: ianoconnor

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Out of 195 countries you qualified to play in the World Cup. 32 teams were invited.. You Qualified as a representative, You played hard, it may not be what you all expected or wanted to happen, but still out of 195 countries.....hats off to you....

Thanks man, it means a lot.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor

UM......tied England, tied Slovenia, beat Algeria, and lost to Ghana..........did I miss something because I don't think we played Brazil??? :confused:

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
UM......tied England, tied Slovenia, beat Algeria, and lost to Ghana..........did I miss something because I don't think we played Brazil??? :confused:

I believe he is referencing the CONCACAF Confederations Cup which actually was LAST Calendar year, but was in the same 365 day period.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
A warning before this one gets out of control as well. Please stay out of the threads you don't like.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Isn't this the guy that didn't know kNU was in the Big 10? But knows about the CONCACAF Confederations Cup?

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Isn't this the guy that didn't know kNU was in the Big 10? But knows about the CONCACAF Confederations Cup?

Yes I am... so what you are stating is that this Nebraska thing happened in 2009???:jimlad:

As for ISU sports situation or even College sports in the USA....I get no info until I come on this site concerning things thats happening...

My job gives me limited resources to see or even get news reports unless its in direct connection with my area of work. Heck the big 12 can collapse if not for this site I wouldnt get any news. The Stars and Stripes dont mention much in the paper. And Arabic.... I do not read

Last edited:

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I think they played well but it was the same song each game. Give up an early goal, play from behind and hope to get or make a break in the end. Too much living on the edge. I think the team represented well and we can all be proud but know that we were so close to moving on to bigger and better results. I dont know if its a Bradley problem or what be we have 4 years to get that part of the ship righted as long as we qualify.

Dec 28, 2009
Ames, IA
Just watched the Philadelphia Union vs Seattle Sounders match and I think it's safe to say soccer is more popular now because of the world cup this year. Sell-out crowd on ESPN2. The Union's new stadium is already sold out for the rest of the year!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Just watched the Philadelphia Union vs Seattle Sounders match and I think it's safe to say soccer is more popular now because of the world cup this year. Sell-out crowd on ESPN2. The Union's new stadium is already sold out for the rest of the year!

Was it in Seattle? They seem to have pretty good fan support.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
Was it in Seattle? They seem to have pretty good fan support.

No it's in Philly. The Union are a brand-new expansion team this year, and part of the reason Philly got the team is because there was a large, organized group of fans here pushing to get a team.

They built a brand new, soccer-specific stadium (albeit not in Philly, but in neighboring Chester, a real ****-hole that is getting a lot of urban renewal projects these days).

They sold out over half the new stadium as season tickets, I think around 11k - pretty impressive.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
No it's in Philly. The Union are a brand-new expansion team this year, and part of the reason Philly got the team is because there was a large, organized group of fans here pushing to get a team.

They built a brand new, soccer-specific stadium (albeit not in Philly, but in neighboring Chester, a real ****-hole that is getting a lot of urban renewal projects these days).

They sold out over half the new stadium as season tickets, I think around 11k - pretty impressive.

Pretty cool.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009

PPL Park looks like quite the place. Nice to see them get the win in the home opener as well.