Info: Thank you for your generosity. CF making a difference

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Today, I had the honor of handing a $5,000 check to the good people at Ponseti International thanks to our FAWcast fundraiser last Friday night.

It got me thinking about how generous you Fanatics have been over the years so I did a little research. Here are the drives that we've done since 2013.

St. Baldricks Foundation in 2013, $10,526
St. Baldricks Foundation in 2014, $315
St. Baldricks Foundation 2015, $2,000

Blank Children’s Hospital in 2014, $12,000 (approximate...some might remember this as the drive to match Jamie Pollard's 25 K fine from the Big 12)

Ponseti International in 2015, $5,000

Just wanted to say thanks. I took some pictures today that I'll post on the front page in the morning.

I'm just so very thankful to work for an amazing group of people like all of you. The closeness of this community amazes me more and more every single day.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This community wouldn't be what it is without you, CW.

Great to see those numbers. The sports community is amazing. Especially the Cyclone one.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Very impressive CFer's.

I love you guys!
tumblr_inline_na5e5lzoGV1qiwgw3.gif

H

HGPuck

Just an idea I've had for a while and figured this was as good of a place as any to put it. Having an annual CF drive. My thought would be to do it for the 30 days leading up to the tip off of the men's basketball season. Set a goal (maybe $10,000) for the first year then try to break the previous high mark in following years.

I don't at all intend for this to replace any of the other fundraising drives for causes that have come up. Just as a way to promote CF and support a worthy cause with a significant donation once a year. I don't have much preference on the cause it would be for but would think a general cause with wide appeal on the board, something like contributing to an Iowa State general scholarship fund or giving to Doctors Without Borders.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just an idea I've had for a while and figured this was as good of a place as any to put it. Having an annual CF drive. My thought would be to do it for the 30 days leading up to the tip off of the men's basketball season. Set a goal (maybe $10,000) for the first year then try to break the previous high mark in following years.

I don't at all intend for this to replace any of the other fundraising drives for causes that have come up. Just as a way to promote CF and support a worthy cause with a significant donation once a year. I don't have much preference on the cause it would be for but would think a general cause with wide appeal on the board, something like contributing to an Iowa State general scholarship fund or giving to Doctors Without Borders.

That's a solid idea. I'd love to have something organized like that. I also want to be respectful and not go too far with this type of stuff. Don't want people thinking that all we do here is ask for money!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That's a solid idea. I'd love to have something organized like that. I also want to be respectful and not go too far with this type of stuff. Don't want people thinking that all we do here is ask for money!

Well, isn't it??? I mean really! I shelled out a pretty penny for the privilege of posting on this site.

Oh, wait... ;)

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames

I'm sure GTO could create a poll to determine where the money went.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron