Texas Tech opens as 16 point favorite

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Lots of people thinking this spread is crazy makes me nervous. Vegas spread-makers put it at a place for a reason. They want people to bet ISU. I think we'll keep it close and are constantly within 1 score but just can't get that last TD to tie/lead in the 4th. Tech adds a FG in the 4th to make it a 8-10 point game and ice it.

Having said that, this would be a game I would look at for betting a straight up win. I'd feel even better if we knew if their QB was ok, Sam was healthy (at least as healthy as he was for the Texas game), and if we get Farniok (sp?) back for the whole game.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
We always matchup well against the Tech offense, turnover machine is what kept the game out of reach last year. He even fumbled by not even being touched.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Line moving to -16.5. Apparently a lot of people think Tech is going to run away with it.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
We always matchup well against the Tech offense, turnover machine is what kept the game out of reach last year. He even fumbled by not even being touched.

Yeah Steele Jantz lost us that game. He had like 2 picks, and another being overturned by a penalty (non-PI) and had that strange fumble. He was very bad against them last year. Sam is making much better decisions so far this year. Aside from that fluke interception he didn't turn it over against Texas.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Wouldn't be that surprised if Tech covers here. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but that line seems fair to me.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
They were +2 in TOs last year. But they more than doubled our yardage and ran about 20 more plays. I remember thinking that they were significantly better than us in that game.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Vegas now adds in 7 points for the refs. So really without them it would be a 9 point spread (which feels about right)

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I wonder what the spread would be if we were 2-2 with a win against Texas. You have to think it would make a difference, and even though we "won" that game, I will be taking ISU and the points here.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Idk, my gut says let down, hope you are wrong gut you *******.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Considering how our secondary made Case McCoy look like Colt throwing the ball and add in how much Tech likes to throw the ball with a better passer then Case. Yea, I can see this one turning into a shootout.

Do we have the offensive chops to keep up?

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Considering how our secondary made Case McCoy look like Colt throwing the ball and add in how much Tech likes to throw the ball with a better passer then Case. Yea, I can see this one turning into a shootout.

Do we have the offensive chops to keep up?

nope. mainly because TT defense is a lot better than tulsa or texas

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
nope. mainly because TT defense is a lot better than tulsa or texas

Remember how last year Tech had the best defense in the country for the first few games? And then fell apart once it hit conference play? Last year they play cupcakes in the non-con and that made them look good. This year they played cupcakes in the non-con. And that made them look good.

AnotherTechguy

Sep 25, 2012
Remember how last year Tech had the best defense in the country for the first few games? And then fell apart once it hit conference play? Last year they play cupcakes in the non-con and that made them look good. This year they played cupcakes in the non-con. And that made them look good.
So why did ISU not do well against the cupcakes they play. You guys use the same argument every year. I bet TX State would give ISU all y'all
Could handle. They beat Wyoming who has a top 20 offense. SMU offense is better than any out of confrence offense ISU faced. So why could ISU only pull one out of confrence win? Freaking Iowa is all y'all have to hang your hat on to say you played a better out of confrence line up, an you lost. So if we beat up on only cupcakes, what is your offense going to do to exploit our defense? How are you going to stop our offense? Or is your team just going to come out talk trash about out of confrence games?