Texas' Shaka Smart to Marquette

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I get the move, but Texas fans have extremely high expectations. Tech fans love him and he's making a **** ton of money, I think staying at Tech is the better move. I wonder if Tech goes after the Oral Roberts coach if Beard moves on?

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I get the move, but Texas fans have extremely high expectations. Tech fans love him and he's making a **** ton of money, I think staying at Tech is the better move. I wonder if Tech goes after the Oral Roberts coach if Beard moves on?

The better move is always up and more for a coach. Take your shot.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

That's the obvious play, I'd think.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Beard is probably one of the few guys that can actually match Texas fans expectations.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I feel bad for Tech if it is all true. Tough to lose your future hall of fame coach to your in-state rival.

but I don’t really care if Tech goes back to sucking

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
I've got a problem with this. Doesn't texas get more revenue than others in the big 12 or is that a thing of the past? If they get more revenue, then use that revenue to buy coaches within the conference that seems pretty messed up. Are they really that important to the rest of the schools that we are willing to pay them to poach us? Its one thing to have an advantages but I feel like that completely and unfairly tips the scales in their favor. I feel like they should just go independent. The whole idea of us small schools need texas to survive is crap. If they are going to pull this stuff - lets go to nine teams or dump them and grab Houston.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Man, Big 12 is gonna be down next year. Perfect time for him to leave though because they are going to lose a ton of guys and Marquette has some decent players. I didn't know Smart was originally from Wisconsin. Will be interesting because him and TJ will be going at it for Wisconsin recruits.
I expect Texas to mess this hire up which is good for ISU.

WHAT HIRE HASN'T THE TEXAS ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SCREWED UP?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Drew doesn't fit at UT with those boosters at all. they would eat him alive.
I AGREE WITH YOUR POST BUT....Those loyal and RICHER THAN RICH texas boosters will EAT ANY COACH ALIVE.....

Completely unrealistic expectations, coupled with EXTREMELY RICH BOOSTERS is tough for any tu/ Broken Horns coach!