Texas has no chance

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
In hindsight, the OP had a good point. We were a lot better than UT. Maybe word it a bit softer next time tho.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
In hindsight, the OP had a good point. We were a lot better than UT. Maybe word it a bit softer next time tho.

Any possibility it could work in our favor then if we start a thread ..."Iowa State has no chance" ?? Grasping at straws, I know.

• Creative
Reactions: WastedTalent

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I cannot believe that a team that was #7 in the country in Week #9 finished next to last in the conference. That's nuts. No we don't have much of a chance outside of raining 3's.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
NWB and SY magically healed up? ISU playing an ounce of defense? ISU playing team offense?

Mo magically healed up? Texa$ plays defense on the road? Texa$ has become an offensive juggernaut?
We're not favored by a good margin, but Texa$ can be beat in this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I would have guessed the line at Texas by 10.

P.S. I also remember being let down so badly by this game in 2012. I was looking forward to watching the rest of the Big 12 tournament with my dad that weekend.

I do remember Royce White made one of the slickest plays all year by throwing a full court pass to Ejim for a break-away dunk.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Mo magically healed up? Texa$ plays defense on the road? Texa$ has become an offensive juggernaut?
We're not favored by a good margin, but Texa$ can be beat in this one.

It would be fun if I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if ISU is within 10-15 the last 5-10 minutes of game time.

ISU looks like they're just trying to get out of the season and Texas is playing for NCAA tourney bids.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It would be fun if I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if ISU is within 10-15 the last 5-10 minutes of game time.

ISU looks like they're just trying to get out of the season and Texas is playing for NCAA tourney bids.

Well, technically, everyone is playing for an NCAA tournament bid. Who knows how they'll come out, but hopefully they'll be recharged and play up to their capabilities.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, technically, everyone is playing for an NCAA tournament bid. Who knows how they'll come out, but hopefully they'll be recharged and play up to their capabilities.

That'd be great.

Maybe things like LW's comments were a part of the leadership that this team needs and provided a spark.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

The OU game last weekend was a different animal but we haven't been down by more than 7 pts at half since Tennessee. That means we've been in a lot of games.
We straight up don't have enough bodies. I don't think our guys are giving up at all. To be honest I'm surprised there hasn't been more negativity shown by the guys. I know I'd be hanging my head more than them if I was in their situation.

Hell, post game after OSU on the radio, Hans was even talking about winning the B12 and getting into the dance.