Teske out

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyk Aboody

Feb 20, 2017
Teske canceled his official visit with us, and Iowa. Guess he's headed to psu...Would have been great for recruiting momentum to land him. I think that if we aren't in the picture anymore then he should be done working out at our facilities. He's had enough time to learn that he can't beat Vega.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Teske canceled his official visit with us, and Iowa. Guess he's headed to psu...Would have been great for recruiting momentum to land him. I think that if we aren't in the picture anymore then he should be done working out at our facilities. He's had enough time to learn that he can't beat Vega.
200.webp

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Until Teske announces it, I will hold hope. I do think Iowa is out. Not sure about Iowa State yet!

I'm in this boat as well..the info is coming fro Flo..not saying it isn't legit, but I am saying they have been known to be wrong... a lot

Does anyone know how he does against Vega at CRTC practices?

Also, no, we don't want to kick him out of our facilities even if he does commit to PSU. Maybe when he signs with PSU.. but I doubt Dresser and Co. will give up on him until he signs. Also, it would be a bad look. Dresser and Co are wanting to build relationships with high school wrestlers and clubs - and to help keeping building the sport in Iowa - It is a hell of a lot bigger than one recruit..

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Not ruling him out entirely just yet, but even if we don't get him, there will be other recruits. No need to get so upset, especially when he might be choosing PSU. I mean, can you blame the kid? They have something very special over there.

And yes, FD has other kids we might want in the future (Drew Bennett, Drake Ayala, etc.) so we sure don't want the coaching staff doing something that would reflect poorly upon the school and make them less likely to choose the good guys.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyk Aboody

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
One of my co-workers is very involved with the program here. He doesn't think anybody has been absolutely ruled out yet. He also seems to think Brody will prefer to stay close to home. Of course he has the best chance to start with ISU, and that may tip the scales in our favor. The Teskes are pretty close-mouthed, they won't tip their hand until the decision is final. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think with Suriano gone, he could start at PSU. Would probably be as a true freshman. They do have a high school junior commit also, so who knows about the future at PSU.

I am sure Teske has wrestled with Vega enough to know how he stacks up there.

Also Reeves of Albia is coming up & might have interest in Iowa State

Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

Cyk Aboody

Feb 20, 2017
I'm in this boat as well..the info is coming fro Flo..not saying it isn't legit, but I am saying they have been known to be wrong... a lot

Does anyone know how he does against Vega at CRTC practices?

Also, no, we don't want to kick him out of our facilities even if he does commit to PSU. Maybe when he signs with PSU.. but I doubt Dresser and Co. will give up on him until he signs. Also, it would be a bad look. Dresser and Co are wanting to build relationships with high school wrestlers and clubs - and to help keeping building the sport in Iowa - It is a hell of a lot bigger than one recruit..

After cooling down, I agree about not tossing him out, and building relationships with our high schoolers....would seem unprofessional. I had my hopes very high on BT becoming a cyclone...very disappointed. From what I hear from the Cy's in the know, is that Vega gets the better of Teske.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
After cooling down, I agree about not tossing him out, and building relationships with our high schoolers....would seem unprofessional. I had my hopes very high on BT becoming a cyclone...very disappointed. From what I hear from the Cy's in the know, is that Vega gets the better of Teske.
Teske was at practice tonight which was in sane. Very hard and packed practice. Coaches are definitely looking to weed kids out that don't want to fight.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I think that if we aren't in the picture anymore then he should be done working out at our facilities. He's had enough time to learn that he can't beat Vega.

I think you should step off the ledge and stop posting until the eclipse fallout leaves your brain. I personally hope Teske continues to workout at our facilities and continues to improve and make all of the other Iowa HS wrestlers better. I also hope he chooses to continue wrestling at ISU but if he doesn't I wish him the (2nd) best at wherever he goes.

As for how he stacks up against Vega... ROTFL...One of the favorite stories I've ever heard was listening to Al Nacin tell how he came in as freshmen and got absolutely destroyed. I don't think he scored a single point for the first week (maybe month) of practice. He packed his bags to quit and head home because he didn't think he could compete at that level. I think the coach tracked him down at the bus station and convinced him into sticking around... 5 years later he was a 4 time All American placing 2, 5, 3, and 1. My memory of the details is probably off but the end results are facts. I'm not saying BT is going to have the same type of career but to write anyone off in high school based upon the results against any redshirt freshman in college is laughable.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I think you should step off the ledge and stop posting until the eclipse fallout leaves your brain. I personally hope Teske continues to workout at our facilities and continues to improve and make all of the other Iowa HS wrestlers better. I also hope he chooses to continue wrestling at ISU but if he doesn't I wish him the (2nd) best at wherever he goes.

As for how he stacks up against Vega... ROTFL...One of the favorite stories I've ever heard was listening to Al Nacin tell how he came in as freshmen and got absolutely destroyed. I don't think he scored a single point for the first week (maybe month) of practice. He packed his bags to quit and head home because he didn't think he could compete at that level. I think the coach tracked him down at the bus station and convinced him into sticking around... 5 years later he was a 4 time All American placing 2, 5, 3, and 1. My memory of the details is probably off but the end results are facts. I'm not saying BT is going to have the same type of career but to write anyone off in high school based upon the results against any redshirt freshman in college is laughable.

To add to this, Cael Sanderson got whipped up his freshman year. A high school kid wrestling a college sophomore is a huge leap.

Cyk Aboody

Feb 20, 2017

EAD. Time will tell

csteve

Feb 11, 2011

let alone the fact that he is a high school senior and still a year away from competing at the college level...most good kids grow leaps and bounds from their junior to senior seasons.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iirc, you only get three officials, where they pay your expenses. Makes more sense to take unofficials to places you can zip down to in an hour or two.

Reactions: Royalclone

DCR

Jun 11, 2010
Iirc, you only get three officials, where they pay your expenses. Makes more sense to take unofficials to places you can zip down to in an hour or two.

The NCAA allows 5 official visits to D1 and D2 schools combined. You are allowed an unlimited number of unofficial visits. You may only take ONE official visit per institution. Each official visit may be up to 48 hrs.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone