Terrell Clinkscales

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
What a stupid remark for a supposed fan of ISU to say. Totally incorrect and stupid beside that. The only facilities I have seen so far to rival ISU's are those of USC and Oregon. No doubt some others will be copying ISU in the future and building new facilities, but to say ISU's is bad is just dumb, and uninformed.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Ok, enough piling on knownothing.

With the experience that Jenson, Coe, Irving and others are getting this year, the addition of Clinkscales might actually make the DL the strength of next years defense, and ALMOST average within the conference. Add a Juco to the LBs and the DBs, and we might be alright.

I agree. What I'm interested to see is who will be playing safety. It seems to me like Tribune and Richardson will be the CBs. I wonder if Rodgers and maybe Luke Knott will move back. Rhoads has been very excited about the progress of Seeley and Meeks so we might not be left short at linebacker.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Other than the info put out by our SID what is it that makes our weight facility the best, like everyone claims?

I have a really hard time believing the Oregons, LSUs, Ohio States and Alabamas of the world have facilities that play 2nd fiddle to those at Iowa State.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Other than the info put out by our SID what is it that makes our weight facility the best, like everyone claims?

I have a really hard time believing the Oregons, LSUs, Ohio States and Alabamas of the world have facilities that play 2nd fiddle to those at Iowa State.

I don't really understand it, but there's actually some weird state of the art technology involved that apparently no other facilities have.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I don't really understand it, but there's actually some weird state of the art technology involved that apparently no other facilities have.

That would only be a small piece of the puzzle. And new technology in strength and conditioning does not always equal better.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I agree. What I'm interested to see is who will be playing safety. It seems to me like Tribune and Richardson will be the CBs. I wonder if Rodgers and maybe Luke Knott will move back. Rhoads has been very excited about the progress of Seeley and Meeks so we might not be left short at linebacker.

Sometimes you guys come up with the weirdest ideas. My bet on safeties is Cotton-Moya and Rogers. If Rogers goes to corner, then maybe Mutcherson.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA

No one said it was the best. They said the only thing that rivaled it were top tier programs. The "second to none" comment came from a recruit.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

I would like to see Rogers make the jump to safety, and if we land McDaniel maybe start him as the other safety. Clinkscales would be a huge get, no doubt. And I don't know why people are so down on Coe. YOU GUYS created the hype with this guy. He hasn't been all that good, but he hasn't been horrible either. I think he has shown slight improvements from week to week, honestly.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That would only be a small piece of the puzzle. And new technology in strength and conditioning does not always equal better.

Do you think the program spent 20 million bones on something that was less than the best or most effective? I highly doubt it. It's not like they spent 5 million on it and are filling people with ****. As far as training machines, we have everything anyone else does. Now, it may not be as big or as flashy but it's just as functional.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would like to see Rogers make the jump to safety, and if we land McDaniel maybe start him as the other safety. Clinkscales would be a huge get, no doubt. And I don't know why people are so down on Coe. YOU GUYS created the hype with this guy. He hasn't been all that good, but he hasn't been horrible either. I think he has shown slight improvements from week to week, honestly.

When Coe flashes, whoa boy does he flash. This is a learning year but that guy has as much potential as anyone else we have ever had. Irving's the same.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Sometimes you guys come up with the weirdest ideas. My bet on safeties is Cotton-Moya and Rogers. If Rogers goes to corner, then maybe Mutcherson.

Why? He came here as a safety and spent a lot of practice time there so its not a stretch. Rhoads really likes Cotton-Moya but he'll have some catching up to do because he hasn't practiced at all yet. He'll basically be a wiser true freshmen.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA

In Coe's defense-this is his first year at DT from DE and he did play JUCO last year..He should be better next year as will Irving-who is already better on the interior part of the DL. Add Clinkscales to the mix with Jensen and Cousin we should have a pretty good rotation.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Why? He came here as a safety and spent a lot of practice time there so its not a stretch. Rhoads really likes Cotton-Moya but he'll have some catching up to do because he hasn't practiced at all yet. He'll basically be a wiser true freshmen.

You don't move someone to WILL, which is a true LB position and then move then back to safety. He's on the LB plan now. If someone is moving back, it's Brackens which is another thing that isn't likely unless there is no one there to play, which I don't see being a problem at safety. Cotton-Moya was going to play this year so unless there's a freshman or someone like Mutcherson greatly improves, I see him having a good shot.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
When Coe flashes, whoa boy does he flash. This is a learning year but that guy has as much potential as anyone else we have ever had. Irving's the same.

Agreed! Imagine if Irving would have started his career at DT. He has definitely shown the flashes, but is new to the position. I kinda thought Jensen would have stepped up and had a big season, but not the case. I know the stats on these guys are not going to be anything great, because we do rotate guys at that position more than any other position. Same at DE... We really really need to improve on pass rush. That's something we haven't had in a long time. We have 10 sacks this season. That is pretty damn bad!!

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Do you think the program spent 20 million bones on something that was less than the best or most effective? I highly doubt it. It's not like they spent 5 million on it and are filling people with ****. As far as training machines, we have everything anyone else does. Now, it may not be as big or as flashy but it's just as functional.

I know we spent a lot of money on it and it was money well spent. But without knowing what others have, I have no idea where it fits in nationally.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
You don't move someone to WILL, which is a true LB position and then move then back to safety. He's on the LB plan now. If someone is moving back, it's Brackens which is another thing that isn't likely unless there is no one there to play, which I don't see being a problem at safety. Cotton-Moya was going to play this year so unless there's a freshman or someone like Mutcherson greatly improves, I see him having a good shot.

It's not like it doesn't happen though. Broomfield played linebacker for a time and is now at safety. I think Knott got moved to linebacker out of necessity. What we do going forward will be whatever we need to do to get the best players on the field because we have some guys with some versatility.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I know we spent a lot of money on it and it was money well spent. But without knowing what others have, I have no idea where it fits in nationally.

You'd be surprised to see how our's stacks up against other school's facilities. Just do a google image search and you will find a lot of other DI weight rooms. You can find a lot of stuff on youtube also.