Tennis 2022

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Nope. I was just starting to warm up to him as he was seeming more mature, felt bad about his injury, and the men need a more competitive field. Plus maybe the Dunblane shooting affected his behavior.

When he won the third set he was crazy in your face celebrating like Nadal when he shakes a fist at his opponent.

He still seems to be a man child.
I always felt he was a talented whiner.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I always felt he was a talented whiner.
I hate to hold someone’s family against them but the mom bugs me too. I think she sometimes yells crap at the opponents. She is probably just bitter about the end of her tennis playing and she is certainly beyond his control, but I cringe every time they cut to her.

I wasn’t paying enough attention to notice if they ever showed Isner’s box. Seems like the American coverage never favors Isner.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I'd be curious if people on here root for or against Kygrios? I'm always against. It's a lack of effort that loses me with him. He just had an interview in the studio with ESPN and his honesty can be refreshing on the other side

Reactions: cyfanatic

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'd be curious if people on here root for or against Kygrios? I'm always against. It's a lack of effort that loses me with him. He just had an interview in the studio with ESPN and his honesty can be refreshing on the other side
I don’t like him at all but I tend to dislike drama. One of many reasons I always adored Venus. You didn’t even hear much from her when Wimbledon got her score wrong in a tiebreak or when she was relegated by them to other courts cause she wasn’t a little blonde. But she got money for womens tennis. The court demeanor though was always so classy, even when hatred was spewed at her.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I'm not a fan of Nick, big time talent but doesn't give max effort all the time. Johnny Mac and Caroline Woz were talking about him this morning and both were not big fans of his. Caroline said he blames everyone and everything when he loses. Speaking of Caroline, does her voice ever change inflection. She is very soft spoken and her tones rarely changes.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I don’t like him at all but I tend to dislike drama. One of many reasons I always adored Venus. You didn’t even hear much from her when Wimbledon got her score wrong in a tiebreak or when she was relegated by them to other courts cause she wasn’t a little blonde. But she got money for womens tennis. The court demeanor though was always so classy, even when hatred was spewed at her.
It's amazing he has this much to complain about in this era with the technology. Some tournaments have almost all electronic line calls and then others have hawkeye. Yet there he is complaining to the umpire every other match.

I'm also a big Venus fan. Coco kind of reminds me of her with her calm presence

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I'm not a fan of Nick, big time talent but doesn't give max effort all the time. Johnny Mac and Caroline Woz were talking about him this morning and both were not big fans of his. Caroline said he blames everyone and everything when he loses. Speaking of Caroline, does her voice ever change inflection. She is very soft spoken and her tones rarely changes.
Mac has been very harsh albeit fair with Nick over the years. He basically dared and asked that he retire from tennis 4 or 5 years ago when he had a pathetic exit from the US open. I'm not sure I've caught much of Woz in the booth yet.

• Agree

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Mac has been very harsh albeit fair with Nick over the years. He basically dared and asked that he retire from tennis 4 or 5 years ago when he had a pathetic exit from the US open. I'm not sure I've caught much of Woz in the booth yet.
I just can’t stand Mac. I don’t think he has much room to criticize anyone’s antics. And his blatant favoritism is always for the players I don’t like and against the ones I do. Also really tired of them being so unsupportive of the American men.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I just can’t stand Mac. I don’t think he has much room to criticize anyone’s antics. And his blatant favoritism is always for the players I don’t like and against the ones I do. Also really tired of them being so unsupportive of the American men.
Mac is just ok in the booth. I much prefer Brad Gilbert, Jason Goodall or Drysdale when he was younger.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Mac is just ok in the booth. I much prefer Brad Gilbert, Jason Goodall or Drysdale when he was younger.
Yep. They need to keep old Clifford away from women’s matches, he sounds pervy. Like Gilbert a lot. Not sure if Cahill still in booth, like him but I just go to turning volume down enough to hopefully hear hits but not too much commentary any more.

That bit me a little bit when Isner won. Were they talking about him retiring soon? With that baby face you kind of forget how old he is.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Swiatek was definitely not herself today. Credit Cornet for making her play extra balls but that didn’t even look like Iga out there. Everyone has these types of days on tour so just a blip for her. Grass is her weakest surface by far too.

• Agree

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Swiatek was definitely not herself today. Credit Cornet for making her play extra balls but that didn’t even look like Iga out there. Everyone has these types of days on tour so just a blip for her. Grass is her weakest surface by far too.
Kvitova and Coco too. Women's side is wide open. Still think Men's comes down to Djokovic vs Nadal

• Agree

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Kvitova and Coco too. Women's side is wide open. Still think Men's comes down to Djokovic vs Nadal
Nadal is a shoe in to the Final because his draw has become the easiest draw in slam history perhaps as a top-2 seed. He can’t control it but those are the facts with a couple of withdrawals and then some upsets. At this point I am hoping somehow Kyrgios actually can keep things going and meet Rafa. He would try against Rafa as he has made it known he doesn’t care for Rafas antics of time wasting and such.

This tournament needs something spicy. However as I said way back this next one with Van De Zandschulp could be tricky for Rafa.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This Kyrgios vs Tsitsipas match has been something. Lot of "stuff" outside of the Tennis. Kyrgios up 2 sets to 1 currently.

• Agree

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
As someone that never watches tennis, do you guys put up with these announcers all the time? They’re trash.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you're just figuring out sports are better with the commentary off I don't know how you've ever enjoyed sports
There are good announcers. These guys seem appalled at Kyrgios but then that’s all they talk about too.