Tennis 2022

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Fritz is encompassing the difference between the Big 3 (particularly Nadal and Djokovic) and all the others. This match was a on a silver platter for him and he doesn't have the mental prowess to put this thing to bed despite several chances. Still in this, and he could very well win it, but Nadal in Set 2 was begging for him to take the match.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Fritz is encompassing the difference between the Big 3 (particularly Nadal and Djokovic) and all the others. This match was a on a silver platter for him and he doesn't have the mental prowess to put this thing to bed despite several chances. Still in this, and he could very well win it, but Nadal in Set 2 was begging for him to take the match.
Even at 3-2 in a deciding set I feel like fritz has little chance. Nadal and djokovic of the Big 3 in particular are so tough to play in biggest of moments. They cover everything so well, a lot of margins on their groundstrokes I think the court gets so small for their opponent

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It's all over now
Yep. Got a banged up version of Nadal and still couldn't capitalize. Well now we get the blockbuster most wanted, and that's Kyrgios v. Nadal for a spot in the Championship Match.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Yep. Got a banged up version of Nadal and still couldn't capitalize. Well now we get the blockbuster most wanted, and that's Kyrgios v. Nadal for a spot in the Championship Match.
I still don't think he's that banged up. If I was watching on mute and didn't see middle of 2nd set I'd have no idea.

• Agree
Reactions: legi and isutrevman

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ok I give up. Nobody wants to win this match. Nadal is so off today.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I still don't think he's that banged up. If I was watching on mute and didn't see middle of 2nd set I'd have no idea.
He had a banged up Nadal for three full sets. Rafa still isn't 100% as you can see by some of his shot choices and looking to end points earlier, but he has looked better from the middle fourth set on. But sets 1-3 Fritz should have straight-set him honestly.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
He had a banged up Nadal for three full sets. Rafa still isn't 100% as you can see by some of his shot choices and looking to end points earlier, but he has looked better from the middle fourth set on. But sets 1-3 Fritz should have straight-set him honestly.
Every time fritz has had a chance to take reigns he has tightened up. @isutrevman said it yesterday you have to beat these guys multiple times. If fritz is going to win I think it's got to be this game 6-4.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I think serena won the Australian like 12 weeks pregnant or something
I should have said
Every time fritz has had a chance to take reigns he has tightened up. @isutrevman said it yesterday you have to beat these guys multiple times. If fritz is going to win I think it's got to be this game 6-4.
Fritz had him by the ba!!s and forgot to squeeze.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Have to give Fritz credit here in the fifth. I honestly thought he would fold, but credit where it's due. He's shown some guts and guile navigating it this deep into the final set. Bravo young man!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Rafa is definitely not 100%! As I said earlier...might be his age or it could be a minor injury. It only takes a minor injury at this level to make a big difference in a player's abilities. Rafa is grinding through it though...to this point.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Have to give Fritz credit here in the fifth. I honestly thought he would fold, but credit where it's due. He's shown some guts and guile navigating it this deep into the final set. Bravo young man!
That hold was confidence. Come on fritzy

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Rafa is definitely not 100%! As I said earlier...might be his age or it could be a minor injury. It only takes a minor injury at this level to make a big difference in a player's abilities. Rafa is grinding through it though...to this point.
I mean 100% no but I would never in a million years be able to spot an abdominal injury watching him these last 2 sets.