Ten Cyclones who increased their stock during camp

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Are they allowed to buy stock per NCAA rules? Or can they buy it but just not trade jerseys for it?

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
CW, Great article!

What has changed through camp to make you certain Benton is NFL material? I know his size and his physical presence coming from Nickel situations helps, anything else more specifically, scheme or otherwise that makes you think that?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
CW, Great article!

What has changed through camp to make you certain Benton is NFL material? I know his size and his physical presence coming from Nickel situations helps, anything else more specifically, scheme or otherwise that makes you think that?

IMO, Benton has decent size and athleticism. Plus Benton has played every position in the secondary. This makes Benton a pretty good commodity as far as NFL teams are concerned. He can play the nickel. He could sub at any of the defensive backfield positions. Plus he could play on ST's as well. It definitely increases his value.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
George started camp as a co-starter. That lasted about four days. His stock isn't down. But I'm not sure I can list is as being up either.

Completely agree. This isn't article about guys who just had a good camp but guys who really took hold of their positions or their futures.

George had the chance to be the starter but wasn't able at this time to keep the spot.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
CW, Great article!

Mainly, that opinion comes from conversations that I've had, including one with Ter'Ran himself. He feels like SS is his natural spot and the staff believes he has a chance to play a the next level.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
IMO, Benton has decent size and athleticism. Plus Benton has played every position in the secondary. This makes Benton a pretty good commodity as far as NFL teams are concerned. He can play the nickel. He could sub at any of the defensive backfield positions. Plus he could play on ST's as well. It definitely increases his value.

Thanks. His versatility is definitely going to make him valuable. Plus being in the Paul Rhoads vacation video from House of Trivia doesn't hurt!

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I had a great conversation with Quentin Bundaridge (SP) today on the cy ride seems like a nice kid!