Telvin Wilkerson

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's interesting, I would think our main focus would be PG's and big guys, but we're offering shooting guards like mad. I can't wait to see what kind of system Fred will run to utilize these players.

southernfriedCY

Feb 11, 2009
Scout's preview;

April, 2010: Wilkerson is an athletic, strong and aggressive wing the can get to the rim and finish through contact. He has a great basketball body for a player his age and he welcomes contact on both ends of the floor. He can make three's off the catch by spotting up...

Not a great Scout grade at 76 though.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Rated a 76 on ESPN, only shows an offer from Northern Illinois on Rivals. Surprised that this guy is on our radar considering the kind of talent we have been recruiting lately.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
It's interesting, I would think our main focus would be PG's and big guys, but we're offering shooting guards like mad. I can't wait to see what kind of system Fred will run to utilize these players.
I bet we see a lot more combo guards who can play both the 1 and 2. Loved it when we had Tinsley, Horton, and Nurse who could all run the point as well as play the two.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Seems to me that it is a lot easier to find a guard who can shoot and teach them to pass than to find a true point guard and teach him how to shoot.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
The common theme right now is that we need shooters. So if this kid can shoot, I'm all for it. We have too many guys right now that are drive first, shoot second. Odunsi, Ejim, and Cook all seem to have that tendency as well. Babb is the exception.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
The common theme right now is that we need shooters. So if this kid can shoot, I'm all for it. We have too many guys right now that are drive first, shoot second. Odunsi, Ejim, and Cook all seem to have that tendency as well. Babb is the exception.

Maybe with Phillips, Odunsi, Palo Fred has seen enough to think we're OK at the PG spot for now. I do think we need shooters in a big way. Either that or Palo is the PG legend we've all made him out to be.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
IMO, you can't have too many shooters/ball handlers, with one or two who have the muscle to play inside. A good guard rotation with a couple of solid post players will get you a long way in March.

Guards also match up better in defensive transition most of the time.