Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Texas has a better d line than k state. I imagine their game plan will be identical to Oklahoma State. Also, k state was down two starting linebackers.
Texas's defense isn't even close to as disciplined as Oklahoma State's though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two weeks to scout versus less than a week can be quite the advantage. While it is nice our starters got some rest, there is still having to prep differenty which can throw off routine. Ultimately excuses are excuses, but the advantage is on the side of Texas.
When you are on a roll, you want games coming at you non stop, not a long delay. We are on a huge roll, no byes right now are wanted. I would not want three weeks with no game

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I have been kicked too many times, including this year. I love my Clones but they are going to have to #proveit.

Same here. I was at that game in Austin two years ago with such high expectations. It was like a knee to the knuts. It got a little better when Montgomery got in on the second half, but woof that game sucked.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it works well for us having a shortened week. We are peaking at the best time.
Still would like a full week but with thanksgiving in there it may work out fine. Semester tests are my concern. Started on Saturday finish Wednesday. My son has three, all Tuesday.

Reactions: nrg4isu

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He’s going to more and more strange places to cruise for hookups.
tenor.gif

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I have no idea what to expect on Friday. I have all kinds of contradicting thoughts.

I think some Cyclone fans are probably overrating our chances here because of recency bias, and if this Texas game had been played the week after squeaking it out against Baylor they wouldn't be as optimistic. On the other hand, maybe the Baylor game was the test our guys needed to snap out of their stretches of pretty mediocre play.

Was dominating and embarrassing Kansas State a sign that we're finally putting it all together - no special teams gaffes, turnovers, few penalties - or will that prove to be our best game of the year?

Texas will be very well-rested. On the other hand they could well be pretty rusty. But in general I don't think they should be able to push us around in the way they did in 2018.

I think we probably should win. The only outcome I'd be surprised with is a blowout loss.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I have no idea what to expect on Friday. I have all kinds of contradicting thoughts.

I think some Cyclone fans are probably overrating our chances here because of recency bias, and if this Texas game had been played the week after squeaking it out against Baylor they wouldn't be as optimistic. On the other hand, maybe the Baylor game was the test our guys needed to snap out of their stretches of pretty mediocre play.

Was dominating and embarrassing Kansas State a sign that we're finally putting it all together - no special teams gaffes, turnovers, few penalties - or will that prove to be our best game of the year?

Texas will be very well-rested. On the other hand they could well be pretty rusty. But in general I don't think they should be able to push us around in the way they did in 2018.

I think we probably should win. The only outcome I'd be surprised with is a blowout loss.

I don't think that's a plus, it may not be mean much of anything but I really can't see it making a difference.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Two weeks to scout versus less than a week can be quite the advantage. While it is nice our starters got some rest, there is still having to prep differenty which can throw off routine. Ultimately excuses are excuses, but the advantage is on the side of Texas.
There is also something to be said for not having any live game reps in 3 weeks too. You see this all the time with baseball. Someone wins a series in 4, and has to wait a week to play again. Sure, they get to scout who they will be playing, but live reps matter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There is also something to be said for not having any live game reps in 3 weeks too. You see this all the time with baseball. Someone wins a series in 4, and has to wait a week to play again. Sure, they get to scout who they will be playing, but live reps matter.
And as mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Teams aren’t always what you plan for and things can happen that forces you to change.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
They had a nice segment the other day about how CMC has really taken on this November thing...I'm still weirded out by the Louisiana game but give me a coach that adapts.

I keep reading about this November thing, and I'd agree a change of some kind was necessary. But regardless of that, we should be a lot fresher for this game than in any other Thanksgiving weekend game. It's only our ninth game and we've had three bye weeks.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Do you think Texas takes away the run or the pass?

Texas will load the box and send a lot of blitzes at ISU. Hall is going to have a lot of short runs, but hopefully he will also rip off 4-5 20+ yard gains because he gets through. The TX pass defense is not the best, but Manning is going to have to figure out some stuff that is quick hitting. I suspect we will see a few WR screens, hoping someone can make someone miss in man coverage and break a big play.

Every team is going to try and stop Hall, because he is just that good. KSU was sending a lot of guys at the LOS, and it worked some of the time, but Hall also had some huge runs. Purdy running the ball might be the key to this game.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
With finals, the shortened week, and travel, i really don't see us being able to do a lot of prep work for Texas. Which may be a good thing. We just need to keep going with the flow.

UT has had 20 days off, so have to assume they are going to have some new wrinkles to throw at us. We just need to be able to adjust on the fly and focus on the fundamentals.

One bonus with the way the KSU game worked out. We were able to expand the playbook in ways that UT will be trying to adjust to this week as well. We did it with a rhythm, flow and balance that should give UT pause in selling out trying to pressure Purdy.

No idea how this games ends up but will just sit back and enjoy the journey. Should be a heck of a game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron