TeeTee Starks to transfer

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
This is sort of comical that TT made such a big fuss when Fernstrom transferred and how she was abandoning the team and now she is leaving. Maybe not at midseason but still leaving a sinking ship. Good luck to her where ever she goes.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So why is TT off the roster and Jadda still on?

http://www.cyclones.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Roster is odd. Seems like someone made a half-ass attempt at "updating". Dropped TeeTee and Konate even though they were on the team this year. Jadda has "retired" and she is still listed with all the seniors so it's a weird "update". Konate couldn't play but she was on scholarship this season. Not even sure why you would make any changes since it's the 2016-17 team and it's not like volleyball where you update for a spring roster less seniors and plus/minus any transfers. Save the update for the 2017-18 roster this summer.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Roster is odd. Seems like someone made a half-ass attempt at "updating". Dropped TeeTee and Konate even though they were on the team this year. Jadda has "retired" and she is still listed with all the seniors so it's a weird "update". Konate couldn't play but she was on scholarship this season. Not even sure why you would make any changes since it's the 2016-17 team and it's not like volleyball where you update for a spring roster less seniors and plus/minus any transfers. Save the update for the 2017-18 roster this summer.
TeeTee quit the team. No need to keep showing her on the roster. Jadda simply decided to forgo her redshirt, So she is now a senior waiting to graduate. If she announces that she is going to be a grad transfer somewhere, then she should be taken off the roster at that time.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Interesting choice. Arizona hasn't been better than the bottom 3 in that league since 2010-2011.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just saw this pic from the scholarship athlete banquet thingy. Jadda and TeeTee sighting. Seven members of the team recognized.

C9qH4ICV0AAV1hX.jpg:large

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Interesting choice. Arizona hasn't been better than the bottom 3 in that league since 2010-2011.

New coach Adia Barnes is an Arizona alumna and was part of Washington's turnaround and may breath new life into Arizona. Know nothing about Arizona but what I looked up and it sounds like they are implementing a more pressing defense which is what TeeTee played in HS and that might play to her strengths (IMHO).

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
New coach Adia Barnes is an Arizona alumna and was part of Washington's turnaround and may breath new life into Arizona. Know nothing about Arizona but what I looked up and it sounds like they are implementing a more pressing defense which is what TeeTee played in HS and that might play to her strengths (IMHO).
Nothing slow about Tee Tee. Good defense, and a quick first step. Shooting has always been a problem, if they employ this defense, makes all the sense in the world for her. I wish her well. She is definitely someone that would have helped our roster. However, with Bill, if you don't start, you don't play much, can't say I blame her one bit.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames

That would definitely make sense - thanks for the update.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Nothing slow about Tee Tee. Good defense, and a quick first step. Shooting has always been a problem, if they employ this defense, makes all the sense in the world for her. I wish her well. She is definitely someone that would have helped our roster. However, with Bill, if you don't start, you don't play much, can't say I blame her one bit.

I agree with everything you said. The part that o me is ironic is the last statement. I don't know how many times I have seen posts that complain that Bill doesn't get enough top level players on the roster. I would like to see him play an 8 to 10 player rotation and if he continues to get these stronger recruiting classes he will have to do that or you will see more transfers. That is where it is in men's and becoming more that way with the women's game. Players today want to play or they head down the road.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I agree with everything you said. The part that o me is ironic is the last statement. I don't know how many times I have seen posts that complain that Bill doesn't get enough top level players on the roster. I would like to see him play an 8 to 10 player rotation and if he continues to get these stronger recruiting classes he will have to do that or you will see more transfers. That is where it is in men's and becoming more that way with the women's game. Players today want to play or they head down the road.

Maybe true to some extent but TeeTee started 14 games last year and she was for all practical purposes a freshman after her injury redshirt. I'll give you that I don't think she would be starting again next year. I don't think the other gals remaining from the 2016 class are going to see much court time next year.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
The interview with Sherry Coale on ESPNW about recruiting was very interesting. I'll try to find link later.

Basically, while recruiting them we build them up and talk to them about how great they will be, then when they come here, we have to tell them how little there, how hard they have to work, etc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron