Tech fans seem pretty confident

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
They seem very confident and disturbed that we are entertaining the idea of keeping this close or gulp.........actually winning.

They have the ego of UT with a profile more on the lines of Baylor.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I read that too on their board. I was bored tonight and read through some of their post's. Reminds me a lot of Hok fans. They beat some no name teams and now they are 50/50 to split OK and W. Virgina games, lol.

I watched the first half of their Texas St game. I can say that I was not very impressed. They ran up the score but Texas St made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Tech's defense is experienced with the front 7 mostly Jr and the DB's all Sr's but that is probably the same guys that lost to us for the last two years. Their offense is pretty good with Doige (sp?) and I was most impressed with a couple receivers #11 (short J. West type) and #14 (6' 4" that caught a TD fade type play). However, their offense is very similar to ours except they look to pass more often. They pick up blitzes pretty well and throw lots of screens and crossing routes. However, I think that we see this a lot and if our front 4 can get some pressure and we keep close and make good tackles they should be fine. On defense, Tech did not defend the zone read very well at all and they looked vulnerable to a good run game. Pound the ball and mix up the calls some and I think we will be just fine on offense. With this being a home game I'm pretty confident in an ISU win although the odds makes will probably put us around a +7 dog which is right up our alley.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
The strong Texas Tech education shines through in that thread.

At the least, I can spell Lubbock.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
There's no doubt Tommy brought in some VHT's and had a good recruiting year, but they are still suspect up front on the D-line, especially inside. We will have success again running inside against TT.....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I read that too on their board. I was bored tonight and read through some of their post's. Reminds me a lot of Hok fans. They beat some no name teams and now they are 50/50 to split OK and W. Virgina games, lol.

I watched the first half of their Texas St game. I can say that I was not very impressed. They ran up the score but Texas St made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Tech's defense is experienced with the front 7 mostly Jr and the DB's all Sr's but that is probably the same guys that lost to us for the last two years. Their offense is pretty good with Doige (sp?) and I was most impressed with a couple receivers #11 (short J. West type) and #14 (6' 4" that caught a TD fade type play). However, their offense is very similar to ours except they look to pass more often. They pick up blitzes pretty well and throw lots of screens and crossing routes. However, I think that we see this a lot and if our front 4 can get some pressure and we keep close and make good tackles they should be fine. On defense, Tech did not defend the zone read very well at all and they looked vulnerable to a good run game. Pound the ball and mix up the calls some and I think we will be just fine on offense. With this being a home game I'm pretty confident in an ISU win although the odds makes will probably put us around a +7 dog which is right up our alley.
Named after Doogie Howser.....

Wreckdemtech

Sep 18, 2012
You seriously need to give some second thoughts to your "name". How long did you ponder this before you decided "rectum tech" was what you wanted to go with.
You're so original, never heard that one before. I remember when I was in elementary school too...

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
You're so original, never heard that one before. I remember when I was in elementary school too...

And you still haven't learned? Einstein mentioned something about making the same mistake and expecting different results.... Good luck.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
If AgentCy's description of TT's offense is accurate (I haven't seen them play), I like our chances. We are built to stop the short, quick hitters. Knott and AJK's bread and butter. Not to mention Washington and Broomfield.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron