NFL: Tebowing

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
It is very sad that our world has gotten to where it is, when you can make fun of a guy for having faith and showing it

Some people do it to mock him. Some people do it to praise him. Tebow is the strangest phenomenon in sports history. Do you think the little kid they showed the other day who was "tebowing while chemoing" was mocking Tebow? The kid was in the hospital, no hair, sick, going through chemotherapy and he was mocking Tebow? Doubt it. Was Von Miller mocking Tebow when he stole his jersey and got a picture "Tebowing" in it? Doubt it.

People are making far too much out of this. If you want to make a big deal about Tebow make a big deal out of the people that celebrate him as if he was Jesus Christ in the flesh. Embarrassing.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
501Clone said:
Biebers music does not suck!!

I'm sorry but we do not even jest about such subjects:

a6898cf3-c038-88eb.jpg

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Yeah except you are blaming it solely on Tebow just a few days ago. And how he begs for the attention, yada yada yada?

There is no doubt that Tebow has done everything possible to try and capitalize on his image. He has claimed he has lost 7 figure endorsement deals because of his religious beliefs and also turned down 7 figure endorsement deals because he wants to focus on helping the Denver Broncos win. Interesting. For a guy whose image is "real" he sure likes to run to the press to pimp his image every chance he gets.

Tebow's image isn't solely his fault. There are countless members of the media and his legion of "Tebow is Christ" fans to blame as well. I can't say I blame him for using that image to his advantage to make some money either seeing that his football career is already going down the toilet. The kid is smart.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
Every other QB in the NFL points to the sky when they throw a TD. Anyone else get mocked?

After every big win when a player gets interviewed, who do they all thank? God. Do they get mocked? Nope.

The hatred of Tebow is really sad in my opinion

Never said I hated the man. I respect his beliefs, and to his credit, he follows through with deeds, unlike folks who point to the sky then go home and slap their girlfriend around.

I simply stated that I find his display at odds with sections of the Bible. That puts him in a different category with people who acknowledge God (point to the sky) but don't put themselves out there as ideal Christians. They don't know any better, nor do they claim to.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I hate Tebow because he has a commercial where he says "They said I couldn't get a D-1 scholarship" Really, Tim? You were the 3rd ranked QB in your class, a 5 star recruit, who was telling you that you couldn't get a scholarship?

A man of such faith should not be lying.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
I hate Tebow because he has a commercial where he says "They said I couldn't get a D-1 scholarship" Really, Tim? You were the 3rd ranked QB in your class, a 5 star recruit, who was telling you that you couldn't get a scholarship?

A man of such faith should not be lying.

Maybe they told him this before he was a 5 star recruit.....

Is it that hard to believe that someone can play football and be a good person.............

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO

Holy crap, what is going on right now is hilarious....... the internets have taken over. Watch this in live real time. ESPN is trying to erase comments, so commenters have rebelled and are now putting them online at what I would estimate 2-4/second.

This is funny as hell to watch. Some examples I just saw:

Chippendales Chris Farley > Tebow
Twilight marathon > Tebow
Sportscenter > Tebow

ESPN.com Moderators Launching Tet Offensive Against "X > Tebow" Right Now

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
this one made me giggle...so wrong, but funny

Michael J. Fox drawing a perfect ciricle on a chalk board > Tebow

oh man they have some good ones:
Jim Abbott playing right-handed > Tebow
Intentionally picturing your grandmother during sex > Tebow
Horse riding lessons from Christopher Reeve > Tebow
The lint you scrape from between your toes when wearing bad socks on a hot sweaty day > Tebow
The strength of John Kruk's top shirt button > Tebow

Last edited:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Holy crap, what is going on right now is hilarious....... the internets have taken over. Watch this in live real time. ESPN is trying to erase comments, so commenters have rebelled and are now putting them online at what I would estimate 2-4/second.

This is funny as hell to watch. Some examples I just saw:

Chippendales Chris Farley > Tebow
Twilight marathon > Tebow
Sportscenter > Tebow

ESPN.com Moderators Launching Tet Offensive Against "X > Tebow" Right Now

HILARIOUS....

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Corey Haim's chances for the Academy's lifetime achievement award>Tebow

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic