Teams we want to WIN/LOSE to get off the 8/9 seed

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Man, I wish we were playing tonight.

Me too! I have been in a ****** mood all day. You would think that knowing that Sunday will bring good things would help. But it doesn't. I need an attitude adjustment.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Updated the first post with this:

• Temple - LOST vs UMASS
  • Vandy - 9pm ESPN3
  • Cincy - WON vs UCONN
  • Florida State - 8pm ESPN2/ESPN3
  • Virginia - LOST to NCST
  • Purdue - LOST vs Ohio State
  • Alabama - LOST vs Florida
  • Southern Miss - LOST vs Marshall
  • Notre Dame - 8pm ESPN/ESPN3
  • Colorado St. - LOST vs SDSU
  • California - 10:30pm FSN
  • Texas - 9pm ESPNU (Prolly ESPN3 too)
  • Indiana - LOST vs Wisconsin
  • St. Louis - WON vs La Salle
  • UNLV - 10:30pm
  • Memphis - WON vs UCF

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
2 out of 3 wins were mid majors. That helps as their ceiling for seeding is only so high. Lots of BCS teams lost.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Not really. Texas beating us gave them a top 50 RPI which gave us another top 50 RPI win. Only way it might help is get us to Omaha.

I wish people would dump the silly notion that ISU is going to be placed in Omaha. The committee isn't going to protect an at best 6 but most likely 7 or 8 seed like that. ESPECIALLY if Kansas and Missouri are placed there.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I would love a 8/9 seed. This ISU team is full of shooters. Two of them are seniors, and 1 of them has played in a couple Final Fours. Get past the first round, and then take down a big dog.

I'm in.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I just did all 5-10 seeds that were playing and sprinkled in some others like Texas because if they win tonight and win tomorrow, they might be ahead of us.

Yeah I understand, I think they would have to win tonight and tomorrow, and even then I'm not sure they would pass us. Pretty hard to pass a team when they have been a lock since two games left in the regular season and they have only been a lock since 10:30 P.M. last night.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Still assuming ISU at 8 is likely, but upon further inspection...

I've been keeping an updated list of my projections for the tournament field, and for the first time tonight, I did an informal bracketing for the first time — mostly discounting anything that happened in Friday's games.

When I got down into 7-8-9 seed range, it got interesting. If you look at the field purely by S-curve, it's one thing. But remember, bracketing (and by extension, seeding) involves a whole lot of other things: conference teams not placed within subregions (for 8-or-fewer-bid leagues); location of first two rounds; and such.

I tried to keep ISU as an 8, but there a cluster of teams in between 7 and 10 run into snags with bracketing procedures if you keep them where they "belong." It was far easier to place Iowa State at 7, the more I looked at it.

It isn't so much an isolated situation w/ Iowa State — some of it is whether teams in ACC, SEC, Big East and Big Ten have to swap between upper and lower. So many multiple teams in those conferences that have either 1 or 2 seed teams and 7-10's.

A few other things I noticed, but I'll stop there. For now. :smile:

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Still assuming ISU at 8 is likely, but upon further inspection...

I've been keeping an updated list of my projections for the tournament field, and for the first time tonight, I did an informal bracketing for the first time — mostly discounting anything that happened in Friday's games.

When I got down into 7-8-9 seed range, it got interesting. If you look at the field purely by S-curve, it's one thing. But remember, bracketing (and by extension, seeding) involves a whole lot of other things: conference teams not placed within subregions (for 8-or-fewer-bid leagues); location of first two rounds; and such.

I tried to keep ISU as an 8, but there a cluster of teams in between 7 and 10 run into snags with bracketing procedures if you keep them where they "belong." It was far easier to place Iowa State at 7, the more I looked at it.

It isn't so much an isolated situation w/ Iowa State — some of it is whether teams in ACC, SEC, Big East and Big Ten have to swap between upper and lower. So many multiple teams in those conferences that have either 1 or 2 seed teams and 7-10's.

A few other things I noticed, but I'll stop there. For now. :smile:

Maybe the committee will get tired before they get to us and when they hit one of those snags, they'll say "**** it, give em a 7.."