Team entrance

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I loved the way the team entered the court yesterday - coming down the steps through Cyclone Alley. I think that was a nice surprise. I wouldn't mind seeing that become a tradition. Then again, maybe we should save it for the special games.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I think every team in the country did that yesterday. However, I'd be a fan of doing that for all weekend games. The student section isn't big enough for non-conference games and some weeknight Conference games..

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was a decision the staff made...Keep it? Change it?

Keep it. I think it is kind of cool. I had no idea a lot of schools did this on Saturday, but until then I thought it could kind of be a unique Iowa State thing along the lines of "Here's Johnny".

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Outstanding answer. Thank you so much for your inside information.

I don't know how much KG knows or doesn't know because I don't track the accuracy of his comments, but his speaking in code and vagueness is like reading the daily horoscope.

This coming from a guy that likes when people post that something good or bad is about to happen but can't give any details.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I thought it was kind of cool, too. However, I don't want anyone falling down those stairs while they're high-fiving people. Not enough spare bodies yet.