TCU RB Waymon James has been suspended

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm not convinced our offense could even score if TCU doesn't put anyone on the filed on defense.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm not convinced our offense could even score if TCU doesn't put anyone on the filed on defense.

If we were faced with no defensive players, the play call would be a 6 yard out and the receiver would probably run out of bounds with the ball. QB would lock onto the first receiver and ignore the other 4 running to the endzone.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
@FollowtheFrogs TL, TCU could be without RBs Waymon James and B.J. Catalon, CB Jason Verrett and WR Brandon Carter vs. ISU.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm sure these guys may actually be hurt, or actually warrant a suspension, but boy does this seem like we are getting the same "we don't need them to win this one" treatment that 1AA teams get in the first game of the year.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm sure these guys may actually be hurt, or actually warrant a suspension, but boy does this seem like we are getting the same "we don't need them to win this one" treatment that 1AA teams get in the first game of the year.

And unfortunately, rightfully so.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
m3xbUSt.gif

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011

Completely disagree. TCU has us, KSU, and Baylor left on their schedule. They have six losses. Chances are they aren't making a bowl game with Baylor on the schedule but a loss to us sinks that ship before the season is even over. We are their easiest opponent left. Why would you suspend a player or two and leave injured guys at home when you stink and are playing your easiest remaining opponent? I know we aren't good either but I'd rather have as many guys as possible to play if I were in TCU's spot.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Completely disagree. TCU has us, KSU, and Baylor left on their schedule. They have six losses. Chances are they aren't making a bowl game with Baylor on the schedule but a loss to us sinks that ship before the season is even over. We are their easiest opponent left. Why would you suspend a player or two and leave injured guys at home when you stink and are playing your easiest remaining opponent? I know we aren't good either but I'd rather have as many guys as possible to play if I were in TCU's spot.

Because they think they don't need those players to win and the rest might help them pull an improbable win against their rival Baylor. Obviously speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly whats happening.