Tasheed Carr

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

nsv24

Jul 24, 2006
Hawaii
12.3ppg

4.9 rpg

6.9apg

I always liked him, even when he was blowing bubblegum bubbles while making no-look passes as a freshman.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
He was probably the player I was most disappointed to see leave. I think he could have thrived in the system. Carr and Farnold should have stayed.

nsv24

Jul 24, 2006
Hawaii
I have watched 3 NCState games this year and have yet to understand what all the excitement was about Degand. The kid is not as amazing as some would like to believe. (Im looking at you, Wayne)

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
We did see Dodie in the system. He would have helped out a lot this year. But he left with good reason and hopefully he finds the right school.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I was sad that Carr left until I heard about him smashing his Pete Taylor trophy.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
WTF??????

I was told by a couple posters on this board that after his final season at Iowa State, he received a trophy that had some type of affiliation to Pete Taylor at the end of the season banquet. After the banquet, he smashed it on the ground outside. I'm assuming he was probably frustrated with how greatly his role on the team diminished during his sophomore season.

If I messed any of the story up or if anyone knows more that they'd like to add, feel free.

If it's at all true, then screw him.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Didn't he just throw it in the trash and that was when he was transferring because he was pissed at Wayne. I don't think he ever had a problem with Greg, he was already set on going home though.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I'm fairly confident Tasheed would have left even if Wayne had stuck around, he saw next to no playing time his sophomore year

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I certainly wish Rasheed well........but do think he could have benefited by staying here.

You just pulled a McDermott.

For those who don't know, Greg accidentally referred to Tasheed as Rasheed in his press conference where he was named our head coach.

And if you knew that and just pulled a funny, then good work.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
It's a little early to judge DeGand since he's in his first year of d-1 competition, and first year playing games since high school 3 years ago. Who knows if Carr would have transferred, but his attitude certainly did go south his sophomore year. I'm sure he's pretty happy in his current situation. No doubt those two would have really helped us the last couple of years.

Locke

Dec 20, 2007
I'm not all too sold on Degand, either. Wayne Morgan kept on hyping this player as a future NBA all-star, yet he looks nothing the part.

jose

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
That's a good number of assists per game for Tasheed...