Talen Horton-Tucker next year

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
SIAP. Pretty crazy what he's doing. Did this in front of Baron Davis and Jabari Parker.

Man, that opening dunk is impressive but he pulls out the step back jumper and a dream shake. He's got a lot of tools in the tool box.

49e4ff68f04d4f9f4247f9c7e2b0c6d5baa89222914702c01b6256fa821d8489.jpg

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The Illini seem to have a REALLY inflated sense of self worth. They haven't been GREAT since Bruce Webber won some games with Self's team in 04 and 05. They tailed off significantly since then. They've been mediocre to BAD for the past few years.

Hiring Underwood was a step forward for sure, but that doesn't mean they deserve first pick of every Illinois player. They'll have to actually win something.

They added blowing a 20 point home game lead to Iowa to that resume.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
given the kind of assistants underwood hired, i'm sure he'll get some good recruits from chicago.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
  • Agree
Reactions: Malone

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

You have to do a little digging but it comes via the Memphis rivals guy. Do with it what you will.

Not even saying this because of the ISU connection but I just straight up don’t believe this. Simons is pretty likely to be NBA bound in my eyes, O’Neal just committed to UCLA & I think he wants to stay out west. Harris makes sense for obvious reasons I’ll admit. Is there any connection of THT w/Penny?

Edit: Did a little digging and apparently Hardaways son played with Hardaway at IMG plus I somehow forgot about the Shaq & Penny connection from Orlando. So maybe those are more realistic than I thought. But THT seems really random here.

Last edited:

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
So what's the connection?
I think he attended one of his camps at one point but i'm not really sure there is one. Maybe Simeon, Memphis? The sources seem really sketchy so idk what to think. If not for the Mcneill situation, this wouldn't worry me, but with what happened there, I can't help but adjust my nut cup.

Reactions: cyclone101

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I think he attended one of his camps at one point but i'm not really sure there is one. Maybe Simeon, Memphis? The sources seem really sketchy so idk what to think. If not for the Mcneill situation, this wouldn't worry me, but with what happened there, I can't help but adjust my nut cup.
Don't blame ya on the McNeill part.

I agree. Sounds like a bit of a stretch. I'm sure Shaq and Penny were good homies in Orlando and all, but baby Shaq to Memphis? I have a hard time believing that.

Reactions: Stereotype

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
"Simeon was expected to be one of the best teams in the state this season, but it has been even better than that. Smith thinks it could be the best team he’s ever coached.

“It’s been a little bit different with Talen, just the things I’ve allowed him to do offensively,” Smith said. “He’s had more freedom than [Rose or Parker].”"

Not related to Penny Hardaway gossip, but THT's coach at Simeon had that to say, which is saying something. Pulled from the Chicago Sun-Times player of the year article.

Reactions: ComCY and SCyclone

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Fool Prohm once, shame on you.
Fool Prohm twice, block any school suspected of tampering.
Can't "block" after releasing from NLI, but you could choose not to release the NLI. This whole business is probably a non-issue. I don't think he'd pull a McNeill for a coach he camped with once.

THT seems like a humble kid that values loyalty. Prohm has been as loyal as they come.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I don’t think he attended a camp but he did play against the team Penny coaches in the Penny Hardaway Hoopfest this year. That’s all I could find for a connection. Doesn’t seem like enough to flip for but who knows I guess...

• Informative
Reactions: Stereotype

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Can't "block" after releasing from NLI, but you could choose not to release the NLI. This whole business is probably a non-issue. I don't think he'd pull a McNeill for a coach he camped with once.

THT seems like a humble kid that values loyalty. Prohm has been as loyal as they come.
Ahh good point.
Thanks for clarifying.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron