ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Tis' the season.

Blum and I will be recording our first Summer Series Podcast next week. This year's series, we're excited to announce, will be brought to you by Sukup Manufacturing.

Anyways, what are some specific conversations you'd like to hear Blum and me have? These are always some of our most listened to pods of the year. Taking any and all suggestions now.

Thanks!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
An off the record with Sage would always be interesting. Also one with Mike Zadick would entertaining.

Either of those fall through, maybe a video Pod with Scarlett Johanson. Just saying.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
One suggestion might be some of your favorite ISU football or men's basketball seasons to cover or experience.

indycyclone

Sep 10, 2012
Avon, IN
CW,

Love the Summer Podcasts, makes mowing go that much faster.

In Depth look at a particular season, and how things could have gone differently.

I think you did one a couple years ago on coaching searches, but those are always fascinating to hear the inside details.

cyguy2170

Nov 10, 2013
Anything where time can allow a deeper dig into a story. For example, the Steve Loney interview is probably my favorite of all time, or when Paul Shirley was talking about Henrich and Collison.

Maybe a Tim Floyd or Eustachy interview? Jim Gibbons or Zadick for wrestling? I enjoy the podcasts but especially the ones with people we don't hear from often.

Edit: probably not summer series material more off the record

Reactions: JM4CY and CTTB78

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Predictions for the basketball and football programs for the next 5 years

tay2015

Aug 7, 2015
I know you have talked about doing it before, and I can't remember if you have done the coaching searches one.

Along that same line I would love one of all the juicy gossip and rumors around football and basketball you heard from legit sources that never came true or did come true and couldn't believe/didn't have a heads up on.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A shorter, pod doc version of that book you want to write (or just the book) about the near-death of the Big 12 in the 2010-2011 range would be interesting.

That or other conference shift stories -- maybe one about the birth of the Big 12?

Interview some old-timers about it?

* * *​

AMA with Danny Mac?

Interview Georges, Naz, Monté, Matt, or Deonte about their years playing post-college?

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
1. Could do a Men's basketball "draft" of two teams starting from the beginning of the Hoiberg era to the present or the last 10 years ect.

2. List the 5 most practical ISU athletic facilities upgraded needed and then the 5 most pie in the sky "wants" for upgrades.

3. If you could reshape the landscape that is college football, how would you guys do it?

Reactions: cyclones500 and Doc

SkolCy

Feb 2, 2018
If you could build an Iowa State "the tournament" team across all eras, who would it be (assuming a 9 man team limit)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Top 10 “wants” for ISU athletics:

1) new press box at JTS
2) men’s hockey team
3) players only dorm

Etc....

Reactions: cyfan21

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Anything where time can allow a deeper dig into a story. For example, the Steve Loney interview is probably my favorite of all time, or when Paul Shirley was talking about Henrich and Collison.

Maybe a Tim Floyd or Eustachy interview? Jim Gibbons or Zadick for wrestling? I enjoy the podcasts but especially the ones with people we don't hear from often.

Edit: probably not summer series material more off the record
Agree that the Steve Loney one was awesome

Reactions: cyfan21

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Hopes and fears for next round of media rights negotiations once the current GOR expires in seven years. Is ISU threatened by the prospects of a great realignment to Super Conferences? Or are there scenarios where we could be pleasantly surprised by an outcome related to media technology, demographics and other trends? Eight years ago this month, things looked pretty bad for us and yet here we are today with football still part of a P5 and heading into a season where we will be ranked in some pre-season polls.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
3 part series discussing the legacy of Aaron Agnew

Part 1
dunkin-donuts-dozen-box.jpg

Part 2
?

Part 3
img_1722.jpg

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
What would have happened to ISU athletics - and our Big 12 brethren - if conference Armageddon would have actually happened? Not just landing spots but the programs themselves and the fan support.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
CW had a similar thread last year asking for suggestions. I compiled a list of the previous Summer Series podcasts then, so adding to that list and the ones from last summer, these are the topics that have been discussed in the past (for reference):

Inside ISU Coaching Searches
Expectations for the next 5 years (that would be interesting to re-listen to)
Top Personalities in ISU History
Biggest What-Ifs in ISU History
Five Favorite Games
Iowa State's Mount Rushmore
The Rise & Fall of Paul Rhoads
From Lake of the Ozarks (w/CW's dad)

I posted this last year and will still push for it, but I would love to hear a podcast discussing the most hated opposing players/biggest villains in ISU history. Would kind of be the anti-Mount Rushmore of ISU, but would be a fun one to listen to.