Taking kids to football games

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What age does a kid need to be to have to buy a ticket for? I was going to take my son to the game, but figured I should look into this ahead of time.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
2 years old and older must have a ticket or a Jr. Cyclone Club pass to enter JTS.

Edit: Brain fart, it's 2.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If your child is close to that age, and/or is small for his/her age, you can often get them in anyway. How many 2 yr olds have picture ID? ;)

One of our granddaughters was very tiny...she was still getting in free at 3 yrs old. However, your best bet if the child is too old is to get a lilttle Cyclones membership. It's a flat rate, gets them into all football games & all non-con basketball games (except Iowa when they're here).

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Ages 2 and up would need their own ticket, unless they are small 2/3 year olds.

25e25429ace4eeeb1e308cb0fb2ada14.jpg

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If your child is close to that age, and/or is small for his/her age, you can often get them in anyway. How many 2 yr olds have picture ID? ;)

One of our granddaughters was very tiny...she was still getting in free at 3 yrs old. However, your best bet if the child is too old is to get a lilttle Cyclones membership. It's a flat rate, gets them into all football games & all non-con basketball games (except Iowa when they're here).

How much is it? Can I still get one?

My son JUST turned 3 and is 4% in height....AKA a small boy. The problem is he's pretty damn smart, so I'd have to hold him and hope he doesn't use his vocabulary.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

Not the case...at least anymore. With my kids we can buy basektball tickets for non con reduced

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
How much is it? Can I still get one?

My son JUST turned 3 and is 4% in height....AKA a small boy. The problem is he's pretty damn smart, so I'd have to hold him and hope he doesn't use his vocabulary.

$59, not sure if they are still available. I was thinking of getting one for my son this year who just turned 3 but for some reason I feel like they sold them out.

All the info on them including the application is in the link:
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1475011&DB_OEM_ID=10700&DB_OEM_ID=10700

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm trying my son out for 1-2 games this year. The jr. cyclone club is cheaper than the price of one game....and gets us into WBB games which he likes. Seems the way to go if its not sold out.

On the other hand, I could just try to sneak him in and if they catch me, go buy a scalper's ticket.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Some kids do really well, others, not so much. A lot depends on the tolerance levels (and alcohol consumption levels) of the people sitting around you. The littlest ones seem to have the hardest time at games that interrupt naptime or bedtime.

Excellent plan to try it out a little at a time!