Tailgate Tunes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So what are your "must haves" for tailgate music? Its about that time again that I need to make up some new CDs so always like to get some ideas that I may not already have.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm thinking this song may get added to one of our CDs this year:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6EbLm4Q1s]YouTube - Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer - Billy Currington[/ame]

Think we have a rule if there is a song about drinking it finds its way onto a CD as we also have this one on 1 and 1 of the guys in our group claims it's his theme song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MGfJ3eMGA]YouTube - Blake Shelton - The More I Drink (Video)[/ame]

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The Fight Song and the Tribute to Pete Taylor, obviously.

After that, I mix it up a lot.
-AC/DC
-GNR
-Drive-By Truckers
-Pearl Jam
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-DMB
-The Stones
-The Hold Steady
-Fork in the Road
-The Who
-Rage Against the Machine
-Skynyrd
-QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures
-Foo Fighters
-CCR
-Little Feat
-Gaslight Anthem
-Black Crowes
-Springsteen
-The Faces
-Random rap for the rap fans
-Random pop country for country fans

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
Plenty of 80's Rock and some classic country and drinking tunes.

I definately second the Pete Taylor tributes and all time calls, but its hard for the old man and I not to get a little to teary eyed listening to the calls as it was our afternoons together for a lot of years.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOIS5taqA8&ob=av3n]YouTube - Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes[/ame]

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Make sure to play your crappy music really loud like everyone else wants to hear it.

I can close my eyes and just hear the 100000 generators and crappy music now :)

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I graduated December of 07, but still tailgate in the student lot. Anyone notice how terrible the music has gotten in the student lot? All you hear is stuff they would play at Element, not to mention more people dressing like they are heading out for the night to tailgate.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I graduated December of 07, but still tailgate in the student lot. Anyone notice how terrible the music has gotten in the student lot? All you hear is stuff they would play at Element, not to mention more people dressing like they are heading out for the night to tailgate.

G7 is your friend.