Sweet tea...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Who has the best sweat tea. Fast food joint or brand. I used to like McDonalds until I figured they put about a pound of sugar per gallon. Now I'm drinking Red Diamond which can be bought at Wal Mart or Target.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Who has the best sweat tea. Fast food joint or brand. I used to like McDonalds until I figured they put about a pound of sugar per gallon. Now I'm drinking Red Diamond which can be bought at Wal Mart or Target.
I have a sweet tooth and I can't drink the stuff. toooo sweet

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
This guy

arnoldpalmerBTL.jpg

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I've never seen Arnold Palmers at gas stations. I asked Starbucks one time to make me one and they laughed at me.

Darth Cy

Oct 24, 2006
Ankeny
The best sweet tea I have found is "Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea" vodka. You can use water to mix with and it tastes just like sweet tea with more of a kick. Even better is mixing with lemonade to get an Arnold Palmer.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
How many people have ordered tea sans sugar in the south and been given the evil eye? They do not appreciate that request.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
The best sweet tea I have found is "Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea" vodka. You can use water to mix with and it tastes just like sweet tea with more of a kick. Even better is mixing with lemonade to get an Arnold Palmer.

That's actually called a John Daly...

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka is better but I agree with everything else you say.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That stuff would have to be nasty.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
sweet tea is grooooossssssss, only people from the South drink that crap.

You are so right about this. I once heard that sweet tea originated in the Memphis area. They like their BBQ with a vinegar style sauce so the sweet tea produced a sweet and sour taste that they got hooked on.

I also avoid the crappy ice tea that you get out of the fountain dispensers as well as sun tea that usually has a blah taste. Nothing compares to a high quality tea that is fresh brewed.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
When I order tea at a restaurant and they bring me sweet tea, I feel like punching someone in the face. Nothing worse than taking a big pull off of what you think is regular tea and finding out it's sweet tea.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
When I order tea at a restaurant and they bring me sweet tea, I feel like punching someone in the face. Nothing worse than taking a big pull off of what you think is regular tea and finding out it's sweet tea.

Rule of thumb, if it is North of Jefferson City, Missouri you are going to get normal tea unless you ask for sweet tea. That is like official restaurant knowledge!!