Sweet Fancy Moses, Hawk all time great Connor McCaffery: back for 2022-23!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was watching that gam and am not sure how he did not get a technical out of that. HE strolled right into the Indiana bench and bowed up. I bet the Big 10 refs are getting tired of his constant yapping at them.
But, unlike Bohannon, Conner could probably hold his own if punches started flying.

Nah he's a mouth breather just like his old man. One punch and there would be chicklets flying everywhere.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I was watching that gam and am not sure how he did not get a technical out of that. HE strolled right into the Indiana bench and bowed up. I bet the Big 10 refs are getting tired of his constant yapping at them.
But, unlike Bohannon, Conner could probably hold his own if punches started flying.

Marge has trained him well.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Anyone else starts giggling when at halftime the Fox Sports Desk called him out on it. "You know what an apple tree produces? Apples."

The art and science of a technical foul is always a fascinating fundamental in basketball. Fran got one last night, it wasn't planned or scripted. It wasn't science or an art. It's because he's a dbag. His image and brand is known as a complainer and hothead. He got rung up because the refs are tired of it. 75% of coaches could have said and did what he did and got the ref "hand up / stop symbol" and got the warning.

Then 3 flippin minutes later Connor is in the Indiana bench cocking off. Seriously, what in the name of Hades Ahole goes through their heads?

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Then, then, I was routing for Indiana and I even came unglued. Some time in the second half, Connor was at the top of the key closer to the half court line. Someone passed him the ball and naturally it got picked off and the Indiana player was running stride for stride with Connor. Connor proceeds to give up on the play and stops turns and looks at his teammate and starts yelling at him for the turnover. Indiana player proceeds to go and dunk the ball.

Yes we all know that Connor isnt quick enough or athletic enough to keep up with the Indiana player and he would have just been made to look like himself all while focusing the negativity onto another player but OMG.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

It seemed to me at least early Indiana was the benefit of a few calls, which comes at no surprise to me. I too would imagine Big 10 refs are not only sick of Fran's **** but the players chirping at them and whining on social media.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Then, then, I was routing for Indiana and I even came unglued. Some time in the second half, Connor was at the top of the key closer to the half court line. Someone passed him the ball and naturally it got picked off and the Indiana player was running stride for stride with Connor. Connor proceeds to give up on the play and stops turns and looks at his teammate and starts yelling at him for the turnover. Indiana player proceeds to go and dunk the ball.

Yes we all know that Connor isnt quick enough or athletic enough to keep up with the Indiana player and he would have just been made to look like himself all while focusing the negativity onto another player but OMG.

I thought he had tried to foul after the steal and was chirping at the ref because he didn't get the call. BUt he did give up at mid court and didn't trail the ball to get a potential rebound.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I thought he had tried to foul after the steal and was chirping at the ref because he didn't get the call. BUt he did give up at mid court and didn't trail the ball to get a potential rebound.
I thought he was complaining to the refs because he was trying to foul the Indiana player and the ref wouldn't call it.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
They mentioned during the game that Jorbo hit his 400th three pointer, and showed a list of several others that accomplished (or far exceeded) the same number...only they did it in 4 years - not the 8 years that BoBo has been hanging around Iowa City.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Should have done what I've seen a DB beat on a long TD throw do. Suddenly pull up with a slight hitch/limp like they pulled something. And, next series they are back like nothing happened. I'd pull a guy for that.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
That's rich - the guy who complains about EVERY foul call complaining because they didn't call a foul on him. :D

The guy spends more time chirping at officials than anyone I've seen. And the stroll into the Indiana huddle was kind of a high school move. That apple fell real close to the tree.....

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Should have done what I've seen a DB beat on a long TD throw do. Suddenly pull up with a slight hitch/limp like they pulled something. And, next series they are back like nothing happened. I'd pull a guy for that.
Didn't Connor fake an injury when Brockington faked him out of his shoes?

StagecoachMike

Mar 24, 2021
He has to put on the tough act to compensate for his lack of talent. Of course, since he won that "sportsmanship" award last season, he probably thinks it'll come across as someone else's fault as to why he acts out like he does.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think mixing it up on the court has little correlation to actual toughness. They know the odds of it ever coming to blows is essentially zero.

Even when it does in a basketball game the real "fights" usually end up looking like Mourning vs. Johnson.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I think mixing it up on the court has little correlation to actual toughness. They know the odds of it ever coming to blows is essentially zero.

Even when it does in a basketball game the real "fights" usually end up looking like Mourning vs. Johnson.

IIRC he tried to get something started in our game at CHA a year ago. Got up in someone's face. Can't remember the specifics, just that he is a douche.

Help Support Us

Become a patron