Sweet Caroline - Iowa State

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Neil: "Sweet Caroline..."
ISU: "LET'S - GO - CLONES"
Neil: "Good times feel so good.."
ISU: "GO CLONES! - GO CLONES!"

I like it... It's our nickname too. (Clones)

I don't want to use "state" because that is soooo played by any school with "state" in it.

Time to be original.

Signed,
Boston Red Sox

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I've got it! Let's play "Abracadabra!!" Steve Miller Band is always awesome, right? Amirite? :twitcy:

With a line that says "I wanna reach out and grab ya"? Maybe not the best for basketball.

:cool:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I also think Sweet Caroline is out of place for ISU and copycat.

It's about Caroline Kennedy. She's big in ISU history and the Kennedy-ISU connection is well known /sarc .

But at this point how are you going to end it?

Maybe just keep it for football only as suggested.

This is one of the songs suggested earlier in the thread. Hilton only, of course. The chorus works great - verses not so much. And I don't thing many of our fans with testicles could ever sing this high. Still, worth a thought.

[video=youtube;E3Ntbttjg2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Ntbttjg2A[/video]

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
In all reality, why are we even trying to make this "our own." Every single stadium and arena plays this song some time during their game whether it's hockey, basketball or football. So to say we are making it our own is nothing to be proud of. Granted, it's an all time classic song, from a hall of fame singer, and will probably win you a beer at Karoke night if you are fortunate enough to be the first one up to have the change to select it.
Don't get me wrong, awesome song, I love it. But for it to be "our" and "original," not a chance every school (with the exception of Penn State) sings it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I also think Sweet Caroline is out of place for ISU and copycat.

It's about Caroline Kennedy. She's big in ISU history and the Kennedy-ISU connection is well known /sarc .

But at this point how are you going to end it?

Maybe just keep it for football only as suggested.

This is one of the songs suggested earlier in the thread. Hilton only, of course. The chorus works great - verses not so much. And I don't thing many of our fans with testicles could ever sing this high. Still, worth a thought.

[video=youtube;E3Ntbttjg2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Ntbttjg2A[/video]

With a crowd I think it works as a good "shout-singing" song. People don't actually have to hit those notes.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
anything would be better than a stupid Neil Diamond song. Never understood how Sweet Caroline had anything to do with sports anyway. It is like a really bad karaoke nightmare.

ISU has such a talented band and music department, that I think they could come up with something more creative, more relevant and that the band could also play at away games when we win.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Signed,
Boston Red Sox

Jeez - I wrote that months ago. Only problem I have is the "ba - ba - ba's." Everyone who has EVER heard that song, sings it that way.

Just replace the freaking Ba's with I - S - U.... and that is it.... not saying this song is ONLY ours. The song is a classic. Now, since the OSU game, ISU Brass apparently likes to play this. Oh, and we have like zero traditions....so let's just remove this and go back to nothing.

Who the f cares that the Red Sux sing it too?