NBA: Sweep?

Do the Warriors complete the sweep tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 47 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How many votes did LeBron get for MVP?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Possibly the worst NBA Finals ever. It's becoming really hard to watch anymore.

I just really can't stand Golden State at all. Klay Thompson is the only Warrior I don't despise. Draymond Green is the biggest punk loser in the NBA, Steph Curry is a punk that acts like a little brat, and KD is a guy that joined a team that was winning titles without him, so what satisfaction does he really get from that personally? They didn't even need him. I could join the Warriors and win a title too KD.

This series was over the minute that the refs handed GS the first game with some of the worst officiating ever in the last few minutes of that game. I bet the NBA now wishes they wouldn't have done that. I think a lot of people, like me, hardly watched after game one because we knew it was over.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Congrats to Golden State on another title! I'll admit I didn't watch any of the finals beyond parts of the 4th quarter (or much before that either). I'm not really into the NBA. The Warriors were really fun to watch the first time they beat Cleveland. It was like watching a college game - good defense, some actual set plays, not just everyone jacking up 3s left and right (aside from Curry). It was FUN. But other teams have kind of forced GS away from that style and it just looks like everyone else now.

Hat tip to LeBron for his congratulations to the GS players before he left the floor.

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
It's hilarious how many GSW fans are butt hurt about Steph not winning MVP. This is clearly KD's team, but for some reason they can't come to terms with it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lebron should have been the regular season MVP too. He was clearly the best player in the league, and also most valuable to his team.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Worst Finals I can remember in my lifetime. Can't say I'm shocked, even though I did find the NBA more compelling overall this season than in most.

I've never really been a LeBron fan, although nothing in me has ever said "You know what, I kind of like that Warrior team. What a fun little team."

No, they are not likeable to me. I get the appeal, it's a fun and exciting style of basketball with shooters galore, but they are all cocky SOB's. I agree with the poster above who said the only one that isn't 'punchable' is Thompson, the rest all just have cheese-eating grins on their face all the time. I think KD is a sellout (I once also held this opinion of LeBron), Steph is an annoying little man-child, and I could say a lot of mean things about Draymond.

In an ironic twist for me, once loathing LeBron for not 'doing it mostly by himself' like MJ did (yes, I know Scottie, Dennis etc), I have come to realize that in this particular era of NBA, LeBron simply can't do it alone. I don't care how good he is, or if he's entering the twilight of his career, the odds were massively stacked against him and will be for the foreseeable future. LeBron needs to get a hold of Paul George, and some other A-list free agents and form his own super team, or join up with either Houston, Boston, or Philly. Until one of those things happens, GS is going to run the show, entirely overpowered. They are the new villains of the NBA

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I was really hoping Tristan would punch out Draymond when they got into their little scuffle. Really wish the refs would do more to keep Green under control but realize it wouldn't matter much as he would probably just keep getting T'ed up.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I think a realistic option is the 76ers trade for Kawhi. A package of Fultz and multiple picks could work.

Sign LeBron.

Trade Bayless or Covington to get cap space. Covington could fetch a decent fee but is a key member of the team.

A team of LeBron/Kawhi/Simmons/Embiid would be a good challenge to the warriors.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
That's pretty easy, actually. He looks down at his finger and sees a large, gaudy ring there that wouldn't have been there otherwise, and realizes his legacy of not being an all-time great that didn't win a championship is secure.
I guess if that's all he cares about. As a competitor he's not really proving anything. It's not like the situations with the "big threes" coming together in Boston or Miami. They hadn't proven they could play together and win championships before, and they went out and did it. As one of the best players in the league, Durant jumped to a team that had literally won it all without him and had shown they didn't need him. Any championships he gets just seem hollow to me, and I think it could affect his legacy.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I think a realistic option is the 76ers trade for Kawhi. A package of Fultz and multiple picks could work.

Sign LeBron.

Trade Bayless or Covington to get cap space. Covington could fetch a decent fee but is a key member of the team.

A team of LeBron/Kawhi/Simmons/Embiid would be a good challenge to the warriors.

Completely agree.

I don’t hate Golden State like apparently so many do. Other than Curry, they play really good defense (and Curry wasn’t terrible in this series either, as he did everything he could to make LeBron go where the help was as Cleveland did everything they could to get LeBron 1:1 with Steph, and considering the size of each, that’s a mismatch know matter who they are).

Offensively, they are pretty much unguardable. When KD is moving the ball, what is the opposing team supposed to do? KD is a guard in a damn near 7 foot body (what’s his wing span? A hyperbolic 8 feet? Who can really impact his shot? Not really anybody), you have to guard Curry out to 35 feet (the driving lanes this creates for everyone else is under appreciated, IMO), Klay can kill you from anywhere and Green (yes, I agree, he’s a punk) is a true point forward. If there is one to “hate”, I guess it’s Green, but I, personally, like the way he plays. He complains about every call, yes, but a lot of guys do (LeBron included), and every team needs a garbage man (i.e. Rodman in the day). For me, the unsung guy for them is Livingston. That dude is really good (midrange is crazy good) and he’s apparently fine playing 20 mins/game off the bench.

If i was a major piece on that team, I’d be “cocky” as hell too.

Back to the quoted post here though. You put LeBron on the Sixers, and I think we have something. I absolutely LOVE that Sixers team, and they are only going to get better. With LeBron, they would have 2 “PSs” on the floor, and those 2 would be him and Simmons? That would be boardeline unfair. Embiid is really, really good and I think he’s still scratching the surface. With guys like Redick, Balonelli and Saric out there, I think that group would be TOUGH.

In short, if LeBron doesn’t stay in Cleveland, I hope he goes to Philly.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I didn't care so much for what Lebron did when going to Miami, but it was entirely different than what KD did.

Miami wasn't good before Lebron went there. He did bring Bosh with him to add with Wade, but nobody knew how good they would be together.

KD went to an already loaded team that won 73 games ( or something like that) and a title. They didn't even need KD. Had KD not gone there, Golden State likely would have kept on winning titles anyway without KD.

And not only that, but KD joined the team he couldn't beat. It was totally a "if you can't beat them, join them" scenario. Weak.

And the NBA needs to start handing ejecting Draymond for enticing fights. I would have a really hard time not punching him in the mouth every game. Charles Barkley was so right about him.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Completely agree.

I don’t hate Golden State like apparently so many do. Other than Curry, they play really good defense (and Curry wasn’t terrible in this series either, as he did everything he could to make LeBron go where the help was as Cleveland did everything they could to get LeBron 1:1 with Steph, and considering the size of each, that’s a mismatch know matter who they are).

Offensively, they are pretty much unguardable. When KD is moving the ball, what is the opposing team supposed to do? KD is a guard in a damn near 7 foot body (what’s his wing span? A hyperbolic 8 feet? Who can really impact his shot? Not really anybody), you have to guard Curry out to 35 feet (the driving lanes this creates for everyone else is under appreciated, IMO), Klay can kill you from anywhere and Green (yes, I agree, he’s a punk) is a true point forward. If there is one to “hate”, I guess it’s Green, but I, personally, like the way he plays. He complains about every call, yes, but a lot of guys do (LeBron included), and every team needs a garbage man (i.e. Rodman in the day). For me, the unsung guy for them is Livingston. That dude is really good (midrange is crazy good) and he’s apparently fine playing 20 mins/game off the bench.

If i was a major piece on that team, I’d be “cocky” as hell too.

Back to the quoted post here though. You put LeBron on the Sixers, and I think we have something. I absolutely LOVE that Sixers team, and they are only going to get better. With LeBron, they would have 2 “PSs” on the floor, and those 2 would be him and Simmons? That would be boardeline unfair. Embiid is really, really good and I think he’s still scratching the surface. With guys like Redick, Balonelli and Saric out there, I think that group would be TOUGH.

In short, if LeBron doesn’t stay in Cleveland, I hope he goes to Philly.
Redick would have to take a big paycut to stay. They wont sign him ~20 million

• Informative
Reactions: enisthemenace

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Sign LeBron.

An MVP candidate for Philly's 10th man / PG that can't shoot.
Solid trade idea... lets see if San Antonio goes for it.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07