Survivor: Island of the Idols

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Big fan so far. Love Elaine and the Olympic Swimmer. Can't remember her name. No guy has really made an impression of me so far except the perve old dude who keeps trying to rub young girls.

I liked the first Idol Island thing. Rob and Sandra can offer things if you beat them in a contest. That works pretty well so far. Although did the lady not see how fast Rob built that first fire? Then again if you are going to lose a vote, it's good to do it with that many cast members still instead of later on down the line when the votes are close.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Big fan so far. Love Elaine and the Olympic Swimmer. Can't remember her name. No guy has really made an impression of me so far except the perve old dude who keeps trying to rub young girls.

I liked the first Idol Island thing. Rob and Sandra can offer things if you beat them in a contest. That works pretty well so far. Although did the lady not see how fast Rob built that first fire? Then again if you are going to lose a vote, it's good to do it with that many cast members still instead of later on down the line when the votes are close.

I thought she didn't handle it well with what she told her tribe happened. Not telling them about Rob and Sandra makes all her statements not believable. She should have at the very least said that they were there.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Challenging Boston Rob to a fire making challenge after just learning how to make fire was not smart. This is a cool thing having legends dispense their knowledge.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I thought she didn't handle it well with what she told her tribe happened. Not telling them about Rob and Sandra makes all her statements not believable. She should have at the very least said that they were there.

Yeah that was horrible. I get you don't want them to know you could have an idol. However, not telling them a closer story to what happened was dumb game play

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
I think the Rob/Sandra stuff is dumb, at least so far, and the swimmer is going to get caught in her lie in the next few days, not sure it made much sense to tell it.

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think the Rob/Sandra stuff is dumb, at least so far, and the swimmer is going to get caught in her lie in the next few days, not sure it made much sense to tell it.

I kind of agree. Hate the way the show tries turning these past players into gods, those massive busts/statues of them are just plain stupid. That said, as it played out I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. Rob/Sandra offered good, practical advice and don't seem to be acting like the gods the production is trying to make them out to be.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I kind of agree. Hate the way the show tries turning these past players into gods, those massive busts/statues of them are just plain stupid. That said, as it played out I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. Rob/Sandra offered good, practical advice and don't seem to be acting like the gods the production is trying to make them out to be.

That statues are horrible. They look like two people but not rob or Sandra. Sandra looks kind of like her. Rob looks like some sort of bro.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines

Yup, and again, maybe it'll improve, but pretty dumb. Super secret tip from Sandra/Rob - make a fire! Ahhhhh, I didn't think of that! I'm in the catbird seat now!

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone06 and Gonzo

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yup, and again, maybe it'll improve, but pretty dumb. Super secret tip from Sandra/Rob - make a fire! Ahhhhh, I didn't think of that! I'm in the catbird seat now!

Not only that but a tip from someone on how to play won't help you at all. The only thing that probably would help is if she makes the final three and has to make fire. Someone telling you to do something is worthless in this game. This game is different every season. Sometimes it's good to lay low. Sometimes it's good to be dominant.

• Funny
Reactions: cmjh10

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finally got around to watching the first episode last night after the wife basically has been sick all last week so going to be playing catch up on all the premiers on DVR this week now that she isn't in bed by 7 or 8 every night. The Rob and Sandra twist could be interesting. I bet you that staircase they come down from on their part of the island just leads up to the resort they are staying at, LOL.

Yeah challenging Rob to fire making was a dumb decision. I wonder what his next offer would have been had she declined, maybe a 1 minute head start or something? I did find it funny that they are watching tribal from a hidden loft. The one thing about those 2 though is that they are "old school" players and the game has really evolved since they last played so while I think some of the skills and strategy they can teach will be helpful I'm not sure the strategy part they used in their seasons would always work in some of the more recent seasons.

Don't really have anyone that stuck out to me yet, too early to get some possible favorites after just 1 episode. I am going to guess next season being season 40 is going to be some kind of All Star show since they haven't had one in awhile.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah challenging Rob to fire making was a dumb decision. I wonder what his next offer would have been had she declined, maybe a 1 minute head start or something? I did find it funny that they are watching tribal from a hidden loft. The one thing about those 2 though is that they are "old school" players and the game has really evolved since they last played so while I think some of the skills and strategy they can teach will be helpful I'm not sure the strategy part they used in their seasons would always work in some of the more recent seasons.

Don't really have anyone that stuck out to me yet, too early to get some possible favorites after just 1 episode. I am going to guess next season being season 40 is going to be some kind of All Star show since they haven't had one in awhile.

This.

Reactions: CYdTracked

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Finally got around to watching the first episode last night after the wife basically has been sick all last week so going to be playing catch up on all the premiers on DVR this week now that she isn't in bed by 7 or 8 every night. The Rob and Sandra twist could be interesting. I bet you that staircase they come down from on their part of the island just leads up to the resort they are staying at, LOL.

Next season is all winners

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Next season is all winners

Great! I was kind of hoping they would do that sometime. Just Googled that now and me likey the cast. Won't be short on lookers either with Danni Boatwright and Parvarti Shallow. Will have a hard time choosing who to root for, Ben and Wendell were very likable winners. Doesn't look like Tom Westman who may be my all time favorite winner will be on this season. No Cochran or JT either is kind of a bummer.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Great! I was kind of hoping they would do that sometime. Just Googled that now and me likey the cast. Won't be short on lookers either with Danni Boatwright and Parvarti Shallow. Will have a hard time choosing who to root for, Ben and Wendell were very likable winners. Doesn't look like Tom Westman who may be my all time favorite winner will be on this season. No Cochran or JT either is kind of a bummer.

They should follow that season up with every single person who was voted out first. There has to be some good players in that group and we could finally find out who was the worst survivor ever.

Surprised Cochran is not playing. He must have to much on his plate. Last I heard he writes for a sit com or something. Besides him it looks like they have about everyone else you would want. Plus, I assume a lot of them have made friends with each other so it will be strange to see if they stick to the friendship or if they go all in on gameplay and stay loyal to whatever alliance they make at the start.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Episode 2: They voted the right person off for once. Was very obvious that Molly and the 2 guys were trying to run the show and someone referred to her has Parvarti 2.0 which I could see because she had that same flirty and manipulative personality. I've always said you want to keep annoying players around (Noura) because they are the people that will be loyal to you when you need votes and they probably will not play a game that will make them a threat to win so you keep them around as long as possible. Not a fan of Jamal right now, he's already playing the over-confident/cocky game and thinks he's running the show attitude and that usually puts a target on you if you too that early in the game.

The Idol Island part was neat this time. I figured as soon as Rob and Sandra started talking her ear off she better be paying attention because that was going to be a lesson in playing the social aspect. It wouldn't surprise me if Kellee has a good run in this game after that, especially now that she has an idol as leverage to make a move with too.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another contestant adds his name to the Survivor wall of shame for going home with an idol in his pocket. What's even crazier is he had to take a lot of risk and effort just to get that idol and it was only good for 2 tribal councils so you'd think when your name has come up more than once already you'd not take your chances.

The one odd scene this week was when Karishma cut her hand and was in obvious pain and bent over from getting light headed and no one even bothered to help her. I don't care if you don't like someone or not but that was kind of a moment where you put the game on pause for a minute and be a decent human being and help someone in distress.

Janet was pretty impressive in the challenge early on. A 59 year old woman kept up a pretty decent pace swimming against a 26 year old Olympic swimming medalist Elizabeth although now that I look at her bio she is a chief lifeguard so she has some experience in the water too but still there was a 33 year age gap between the 2 and up to the part they had to go under water to untie the bag it wasn't like she was far behind.

Jamal is probably my least favorite player right now. Guy acts like he runs the show and gets too testy when things don't go how he wants them to. Tom and Dan also are kind of hard to like at the moment too. I still haven't really had anyone stand out to me yet as someone I hope goes far in the game. Seems like some of these players are just looking to throw each other under the bus at the first sign of adversity and aren't really working on building some lasting alliances yet.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Jamal is probably my least favorite player right now. Guy acts like he runs the show and gets too testy when things don't go how he wants them to. Tom and Dan also are kind of hard to like at the moment too. I still haven't really had anyone stand out to me yet as someone I hope goes far in the game. Seems like some of these players are just looking to throw each other under the bus at the first sign of adversity and aren't really working on building some lasting alliances yet.

Agree. I think Aaron is equally dooshy.

I like Elaine and am pulling for her.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron