Survivor 35 - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
For you faith Survivor fanatics, only one day away til the premier!

If you're curious about the contestants and why the theme they chose, I strong recommend listening to the First One Out podcast. A guy was actually in Fiji and gets interviews with Jeff/CBS producers and all the contestants during the first few days of the show. It's edited/narrated too.

http://robhasawebsite.com/shows/survivor/survivor-heroes-healers-hustlers/first-one-out/

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Looking forward to it. Glad that it looks like these are all fresh faces, regurgitating former players was getting old fast.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looking forward to it. Glad that it looks like these are all fresh faces, regurgitating former players was getting old fast.

Definitely. Though from the podcasts, I learned that two of the contestants actually know each other and it was by complete accident. CBS was also quite surprised. Should be interesting to see how the two play it off.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Why the older gal with the idol did not save the other older lady who was voted off is beyond me. Older lady who is still in the game would seem to be a lame duck, but previews for next time insinuate otherwise. Sorry no names committed to memory yet.

Reactions: Knownothing

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Why the older gal with the idol did not save the other older lady who was voted off is beyond me. Older lady who is still in the game would seem to be a lame duck, but previews for next time insinuate otherwise. Sorry no names committed to memory yet.

I see your point but, I think she didn't save her because if she had, it would seal her fate for sure by getting everyone mad.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think they edited it to make it look like it was going to be either of them. When in reality they all knew she was gone and they all wanted her gone. I’m glad they are all new also.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Really wanted Chrissy to go. Doable for sure but she's the type who's smart and needs to make sure everyone knows she's smart... not a good look.

• Disagree
Reactions: BigD

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Dezi is still in.....Chrissy isnt bad for an older gal.

Desi is freakin gorgeous, still looks awesome after 19 days without a shower or makeup. Ashley also has a sneaky rockin body too. ..not that I objectify women with rockin bodies. :)

I'm so glad they got Jessica out, so I don't have to watch her dumb ass fawn over Cole. I hope he's next and I don't think Joe is long for this game either. Desi might be able to get in with Ashley and Devon to last a while.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Been awhile since anyone commented on this season. Up until the past week or 2 it's been a pretty lackluster season compared to some of the recent ones which I think were some of the best on the show's history.

This week was a good one though with Lauren stepping up and coming up with a good plan then watching Joe and Mike think they all the sudden were back "in" with an alliance now when they were just being played as fools. Two blindsides were good ones, Joe's especially was great.

Of those left I'd like to see Ben win but I doubt he will as everyone knows he would probably win at this point if he made it to the end so he's going to get blindsided at some point probably. Other than Mike, Ryan, or Chrissy I really wouldn't have a problem with Ashley, Lauren, Devon, or Ben winning because I think they all have played things pretty well so far. Lauren especially has gone from fairly quiet and on the outs early on to a pretty bold and strategic player lately. Ryan and Chrissy are just too scatterbrain and clueless that they don't know what is going on around them even though they think they have some power in the game. Ryan especially is now just grasping for anyone he can align with and Mike called him on his BS how he can't trust working with a guy who just wrote his name down at tribal. Ben playing the double agent is pretty funny because those other idiots never caught onto what he was doing but it's also genius for the other 3 too because it somewhat keeps him out of their conversations too where they already hinted he may need to go sooner than later.

Hopefully the end of this season has more action than the 1st part did because the first half of the season was pretty dull I think. Some of these new hidden advantage twists have been interesting but so far no one has really used them or when they have it hasn't had much of an impact on the game so far.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
For me there's been way more people to root against this season than to root for. I'm waiting for Chrissy to go. Can't stand her. Love the way Lauren has quietly taken over, she's playing a solid game.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
For me there's been way more people to root against this season than to root for. I'm waiting for Chrissy to go. Can't stand her. Love the way Lauren has quietly taken over, she's playing a solid game.
I like Lauren a lot. We were amazed by the fact that she did ALL of the physical work in that reward challenge while the others could barely lift the bags out of the boat. She didn't like them much - she's really not allied with them, but she still did her damndest for them.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Agree with you two, Chrissy has some moments where she just seems to be an awful, or at least very selfish, person. Her and Ryan getting blindsided was really satisfying.

Ben and Devon appear to be getting the best edits right now.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I like Lauren a lot. We were amazed by the fact that she did ALL of the physical work in that reward challenge while the others could barely lift the bags out of the boat. She didn't like them much - she's really not allied with them, but she still did her damndest for them.

Yep. Commercial fisherman, you know she's tough and used to working her ass off.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

When they showed how the random teams were drawn first thing I thought was she was the toughest person by far on her team and regardless if they won or lost she still won because the other 3 in her alliance were with Joe so regardless who went on reward there was nothing to worry about for gameplay strategy. Her opening up at that 1 reward and laying out strategy out of the blue was surprising but impressive too because she convincingly sold the other 3 on the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well the last 2 weeks sure have been entertaining with Ben blindsiding everyone with 2 idols. If they let him wander around on his own anymore thinking he won't find another they are crazy. I want him to win at this point but I doubt he will because he'll get voted out the next time he doesn't have immunity or an idol. Mike and Ryan have done nothing to get enough jury votes so it boils down to who has the most rep with the jury between Chrissy and Devon. Devon has screwed over a lot of people on that jury and Chrissy isn't exactly well liked by many of them either.

Season started off pretty slow but sure has gotten interesting over the past month.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well the last 2 weeks sure have been entertaining with Ben blindsiding everyone with 2 idols. If they let him wander around on his own anymore thinking he won't find another they are crazy. I want him to win at this point but I doubt he will because he'll get voted out the next time he doesn't have immunity or an idol. Mike and Ryan have done nothing to get enough jury votes so it boils down to who has the most rep with the jury between Chrissy and Devon. Devon has screwed over a lot of people on that jury and Chrissy isn't exactly well liked by many of them either.

Season started off pretty slow but sure has gotten interesting over the past month.

If Ben gets to the finals and the vote isn't unanimous in his favor, it would be a shame. I just want Chrissy to leave, she seems like such an overprivileged fake boobed suburban mom who takes great offense when others do to her the exact same thing she's done to others.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Ben gets to the finals and the vote isn't unanimous in his favor, it would be a shame. I just want Chrissy to leave, she seems like such an overprivileged fake boobed suburban mom who takes great offense when others do to her the exact same thing she's done to others.

Agree on Chrissy. Total *****. As long as anyone but her wins I'm fine.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10