Super Bowl XLII Pats vs Giants Game Thread

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
The only thing that could be funnier is if they cut to the Pat's locker room, and Shula walks in with the case of Dom as a "thank you".

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, even though most people believed that the Patriots would win the game, I'm really not surprised.

The NFL had been figuring out the Patiots for the last few months as they had the huge target on their back. It was only a matter of time before someone finally broke through and of course it involved a great defensive line that finally got to Tom Brady.

Frankly, I'm amazed the Patriots even had a chance to win this game the way the majority of it went. And now the question is, with the horrible taste in the Patriots' mouths after this game, what changes will be made in the offseason? After last year, they brought in Welker and Moss. I think next will be some changes on defense especially the defensive line.

Last edited:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
So, even though most people believed that the Giants would win the game, I'm really not surprised.

The NFL had been figuring out the Patiots for the last few months as they had the huge target on their back. It was only a matter of time before someone finally broke through and of course it involved a great defensive line that finally got to Tom Brady.

Frankly, I'm amazed the Patriots even had a chance to win this game the way the majority of it went. And now the question is, with the horrible taste in the Patriots' mouths after this game, what changes will be made in the offseason? After last year, they brought in Welker and Moss. I think next will be some changes on defense especially the defensive line.

They did that last year, too, with the addition of Adalius Thomas.

The question is, does Moss stick around now?

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
They need to upgrade the D big time. Their linebackers are old and slow. The Secondary is mediocre. They need a big time pass-rusher on the line. In short...youth and speed.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
The play selection in the Patriot's last drive was pathetic. You don't get anywhere trying to hail mary 3 times. Short passes and get out of bounds. Tie it and win it in OT, Oh well.

Congrats Giants

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
Can't really blame Brady for this Super Bowl loss... his o-line did a very poor job tonight keeping him clean. When he had time to throw he was deadly, but he just never got many chances like that! Got to give the D-line of the Giants some credit as well as the linebackers they played very well!

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
The Brady o line lost the game. Look how many times he was hit.

Good point. Their play calling was also ridiculous. They should have gone to the run to balance out the blitzing the Giants were doing. If one teams blitzes all game long and you can't figure out how to take advantage of it...good luck winning any game.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
The three point win kinda makes that 4th and 13 or whatever it was in the 1st half when the Patriots were in field goal range look like a bad call.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
Can't really blame Brady for this Super Bowl loss... his o-line did a very poor job tonight keeping him clean. When he had time to throw he was deadly, but he just never got many chances like that! Got to give the D-line of the Giants some credit as well as the linebackers they played very well!

Yet he missed a lot of throws and looked like an average QB. If you are the league MVP you make something happen especially when things are going down the crapper.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yes, Brady did not lose the game for the Patriots neither did the defense and Hobbs. The offensive line play for the Patriots was horrid.

And the Patriots' D-Line failed to reach Manning.

The game was won and lost in the trenches.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron