Super Bowl Party Food thread

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wings with Chili Onion Crunch sauce from Trader Joe's. Delicious!

upload_2020-1-31_12-0-44.jpeg

Reactions: Cycho1

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
giphy.gif
I'm trying to figure out how those would be good. Maybe if it is the ones stuffed with blue cheese.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm trying to figure out how those would be good. Maybe if it is the ones stuffed with blue cheese.

I went to a chamber after hours once. Grabbed a couple bacon wrapped little smokies and sat down. Bit into one and thought something was wrong. Another dude sat by me and said aren’t those great. Continued with, never thought of bacon wrapped dates before.

They were bad, I mean bad. I now look to see if the smokies look wrinkly when I see them. Have encountered them a couple times.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I went to a chamber after hours once. Grabbed a couple bacon wrapped little smokies and sat down. Bit into one and thought something was wrong. Another dude sat by me and said aren’t those great. Continued with, never thought of bacon wrapped dates before.

They were bad, I mean bad. I now look to see if the smokies look wrinkly when I see them. Have encountered them a couple times.
That seems odd. As a side note. Bacon-wrapped scallops are totally awesome but there's no way I'm putting that much work into super bowl food this year.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny

I had some bacon wrapped dates with some kind of cheese at Gastro Grub and Pub in Waukee as an appetizer. I was thinking they would be bad, but I tried it as someone else decided to order it and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they were quite good.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

They sound terrible.

I had some bacon wrapped dates with some kind of cheese at Gastro Grub and Pub in Waukee as an appetizer. I was thinking they would be bad, but I tried it as someone else decided to order it and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they were quite good.
They sound delicious.

Reactions: BCClone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That seems odd. As a side note. Bacon-wrapped scallops are totally awesome but there's no way I'm putting that much work into super bowl food this year.

WHoooaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I'd never heard of that but damn, I'm stopping by hyvee tonight to make that for Dinner!!!

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

giphy.gif

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Keeping it simple in my house. Going to store to buy about 10 avocados, mash them up and stir in a couple cans of Rotel, (3) bags of chips and a few pizzas should do the trick.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
WHoooaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I'd never heard of that but damn, I'm stopping by hyvee tonight to make that for Dinner!!!
Bacon wrapped scallops are incredible. Scallops on their own are good, but they need a good bit of seasoning. Bacon is the perfect addition.

I've made baked stuffed shrimp before, where you buy U12 shrimp, butterfly them, and then stuff them with a mixture of crushed Ritz crackers, parmesan, melted butter, and chopped bay scallops. And it's really good. But if you throw in some crumbled bacon, it takes it to a different level. Those never last long when I make them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bacon wrapped scallops are incredible. Scallops on their own are good, but they need a good bit of seasoning. Bacon is the perfect addition.

I've made baked stuffed shrimp before, where you buy U12 shrimp, butterfly them, and then stuff them with a mixture of crushed Ritz crackers, parmesan, melted butter, and chopped bay scallops. And it's really good. But if you throw in some crumbled bacon, it takes it to a different level. Those never last long when I make them.

You can not beat this bacon wrap I have. Take a strip of bacon and lightly rub some olive oil on it, then rub it with some brown sugar. Roll it up and wrap it with bacon. It is delicious.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You can not beat this bacon wrap I have. Take a strip of bacon and lightly rub some olive oil on it, then rub it with some brown sugar. Roll it up and wrap it with bacon. It is delicious.
For real? Bacon wrapped bacon is a thing?

I went to a seminar put on by one of my company's business partners, and they did this fancy breakfast spread. One of the items they had was bacon wrapped sausage links. It was total overkill. It was like Fall of the Roman empire style gluttony. "We will take the king of breakfast meats and wrap it around the queen of breakfast meats. Then we will stuff it in a muffin, inside a pancake inside a waffle, roll it up in a crepe, douse it in cognac and light it on fire!"

I mean, it was delicious, but totally shameful.

• Funny
Reactions: jbindm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For real? Bacon wrapped bacon is a thing?

I went to a seminar put on by one of my company's business partners, and they did this fancy breakfast spread. One of the items they had was bacon wrapped sausage links. It was total overkill. It was like Fall of the Roman empire style gluttony. "We will take the king of breakfast meats and wrap it around the queen of breakfast meats. Then we will stuff it in a muffin, inside a pancake inside a waffle, roll it up in a crepe, douse it in cognac and light it on fire!"

I mean, it was delicious, but totally shameful.

I was joking, but above you talk like having your sausage stuffed in a muffin is a bad thing.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was joking, but above you talk like having your sausage stuffed in a muffin is a bad thing.
I didn't say bad. Just very decadent. I feel like that was part of the draw

Help Support Us

Become a patron