Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs Eagles | Poll and Game Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who Wins?

• Total voters

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I want the Chiefs to win. really respect Mahomes’ toughness.

The Eagles did absolutely nothing special to get to the Super Bowl. The Giants blow and the Niners didn’t have a quarterback. Cake walk. Hurts looked bad today.

Nothing? Wow, that’s bold. So Chiefs should blow them out, huh? I mean…. if they’re so bad and unproven.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
As a Chiefs fan, I still think the Eagles likely win. Their pass rush is nasty as is their entire D. #1 passing Team Vs #1 passing Defense. The only other time that has happened in the SB, the passing D has dominated.

Chiefs have to have Sneed, Gay, Juju and at least one of Hardman/Toney back.
Yeah. Chiefs need to get their WRs healthy the next two weeks.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
As a Chiefs fan, I still think the Eagles likely win. Their pass rush is nasty as is their entire D. #1 passing Team Vs #1 passing Defense. The only other time that has happened in the SB, the passing D has dominated.

Chiefs have to have Sneed, Gay, Juju and at least one of Hardman/Toney back.
Agree. Chiefs defense didnt look very special last night, esp once all those guysbwere dinged. The Iggles looked tough, lot of SF guys got banged up.

Chiefs probably cant or wont run the ball on Philly. Unless Mahommes has a transcendant performance, feels like Philly wins. Barf.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Agree. Chiefs defense didnt look very special last night, esp once all those guysbwere dinged. The Iggles looked tough, lot of SF guys got banged up.

Chiefs probably cant or wont run the ball on Philly. Unless Mahommes has a transcendant performance, feels like Philly wins. Barf.
I would say holding Cincy to 20 is probably a better accomplishment than holding Josh Johnson/no QB to 7. If you can’t throw downfield you have zero shot in the NFL. This isn’t HS or college where a team can line it up knowing they have to run and have success. The worst defense in the NFL can shut that down.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would say holding Cincy to 20 is probably a better accomplishment than holding Josh Johnson/no QB to 7. If you can’t throw downfield you have zero shot in the NFL. This isn’t HS or college where a team can line it up knowing they have to run and have success. The worst defense in the NFL can shut that down.
Agree, but just because PHI didn't have to do much defensively, doesn't mean they CAN'T do much.

I think this one will come down to Bill Walsh's key - late pass rush. Which defense will be able to pressure the QB in the 4th quarter?

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019

I thought the Chiefs Defense was very impressive. They had 4 rookie DB's playing pretty much the entire game, and they only gave up 2 TDs to arguably the best WR trio in the NFL. Burrow threw two interceptions and was sacked 5 times and under pressure constantly.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
My team is out, as usual. Philly fans are the worst fans in the entire NFL and it's not even close. I'm going Chiefs.

• Winner
Reactions: quasistellar

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
If the Chiefs can get healthy then I like the Chiefs, but that is a big if. I thought they really struggled moving the ball late with a hobbled Mahomes and depleted receiver corps. They need the time off.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Agree, but just because PHI didn't have to do much defensively, doesn't mean they CAN'T do much.

I think this one will come down to Bill Walsh's key - late pass rush. Which defense will be able to pressure the QB in the 4th quarter?
Yeah, it's hard to take much away from the Eagles game on either side of the ball.

Philly only threw the ball something like 7 times after halftime. They knew the 49ers had nothing to threaten them with, so they packed it in as well.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll be rooting for the Chiefs, but I think it comes down to injuries. I'd expect Mahomes to be healthy but they need some of their WRs to get right.

I'm not sure I fully trust Hurts in a big situation like this, but I think the Eagles pass rush will make it hard to Mahomes and they win by 6.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Going to be a Chiefs homer here. The Eagles have't played a good qb all year and they had the 32nd hardest schedule this seaons. Not saying they are freuds, but they haven't really been tested. Healthy or not healthy I am always gong to Take Mahomes!
In other words they played the easiest schedule in the entire league? I did not know that. How is that possible when their division was pretty tough all year?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The Eagles haven't had to face many good QBs. Dak and a declining Rodgers are probably the best they have had to face. I mean they didn't have to face a QB against the 49ers. If Mahomes and the WRs get healthy, I will take the Chiefs.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I thought the Chiefs Defense was very impressive. They had 4 rookie DB's playing pretty much the entire game, and they only gave up 2 TDs to arguably the best WR trio in the NFL. Burrow threw two interceptions and was sacked 5 times and under pressure constantly.
It's weird that we both watched the same game and have different conclusions. You are absolutely right about all the above, but to me it felt like Cincy was consistently moving the ball. The big plays from KC made the difference at key moments - but to me that felt more like home-field and a bit of luck.

I hope you are right! Would much rather see KC win the thing.

Reactions: JohnPrineforCy

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
It's weird that we both watched the same game and have different conclusions. You are absolutely right about all the above, but to me it felt like Cincy was consistently moving the ball. The big plays from KC made the difference at key moments - but to me that felt more like home-field and a bit of luck.

I hope you are right! Would much rather see KC win the thing.

Agree. IMO Cincinnati is the better team and KC was very fortunate the game was at home and the refs were kind to them. However, Eagle fans and some players seem like jerks...Go Chiefs.

(It will probably be a Eagles victory by 10+ points)