***Super Bowl 55 Game Thread Chiefs vs. Bucs***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think where people get annoyed with the Brady stuff is the complete lack of respect to his teams, specifically the defenses he has had in his Super Bowl wins. In the last two for him, his team's defense has given up a grand total of 12 points. 12! And toss in the first one against the Rams, that is a total of 29 points in three of those games, which is under 10 points a game. Two of those were against two of the best offenses the league has seen.

Again, I have said Tom Brady is the GOAT, so not sure why everyone gets up in arms when anyone offers an opinion on things that isn't just, "Brady is God and he's playing 1 on 11 out there!"

Peyton Manning gets almost no credit for his second Super Bowl because they say the Bronco's defense won that game. I am a Panther's fan who got to watch that beatdown on that side of the ball all game, and that is 100% correct. Manning just didn't need to completely screw up. Terry Bradshaw has four rings but is never brought up in the best QB debate or even mentioned as one of the best QBs because people always point to that crazy good defense. But for some reason Brady's good defensive teams are still all because of him. Ty Law (on those Patriot teams in the early 2000's) even said last week on The Dan Patrick Show (I think it was that show) that they still never get the credit they deserve for those first few Super Bowls. This was in regards to Danny Amendola's Tom being the Patriot Way comment that blew up last week.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Why are you here gloating? Your team didn't do **** this year.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Patriot fans would be chirping today. It's like getting super pumped that your spouse left you for someone else.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cy4Patriots

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, I'm not sure why Patriot fans would be chirping today. It's like getting super pumped that your spouse left you for someone else.

I actually watched most of this, if it had been the Patriots I wouldn't even have turned it on.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
What a boring game last night. Two primary thoughts coming away from this;

1. The officiating was horrendously bad and greatly favored TB. Lots of pass interference that could have been called against TB simply wasn't called and likely accounts for a good deal of KC's incompletes. That said...
2. KC receivers need to catch the ball. Their QB, while running for dear life, made some incredible throws that didn't get rewarded because they just got dropped.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

1. The officiating was horrendously bad and greatly favored TB. Lots of pass interference that could have been called against TB simply wasn't called and likely accounts for a good deal of KC's incompletes. That said...
2. KC receivers need to catch the ball. Their QB, while running for dear life, made some incredible throws that didn't get rewarded because they just got dropped.

Reminded me of another game that got mentioned during the broadcast.

Reactions: tman24

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
The right tackle for KC was getting abused all game. Mahomes didn't have a chance.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Major Chiefs fan here and here are my concerns...

Eric Fisher. Can't believe how much we missed him. He probably won't be available next year and probably won't ever be the same going forward. That Achilles injury is a beast.

Mitchel Schwartz. What the heck is going on there? Back injury and rumored he may be forced to retire because of it... ouch!

GM Brett Veach. For every great move he makes he makes an equally terrible one. He has some major work to do this summer.

Sammy Watkins. Arrest this man for robbery. He's like 2 catches in last year's playoffs away from the biggest contract bust in Chiefs history.

LeVeon Bell. Did he even see the field last night?

Chris Jones. If I could gamble on him getting a personal foul I would take that bet every game.

Bashaud Breeland. If I could gamble on him getting a defensive holding I would take that bet every game.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah and Cy$

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Ok then by your argument Bill Russell is greater than Michael Jordan. You have to say that if you want to be consistent.

Nope. They played in different era’s and didn’t even play the same position.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

In a way I'm glad the game went the way it did so the officiating wasn't much of an issue. It was bad in the first half, don't get me wrong. But that was an ***-whoopin' and it wasn't the bad officiating that cost them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
As a long time Chiefs fan I will say we have ignored the O line way to long in the draft. We keep loading up on DB's and skilled position players with speed. Its great when its working but this year between the covid opt outs and injuries, we just have a shadow of O line that we should have out there.

Its time to get younger and better on the O line, either draft heavily in that area of need or address it on the FA market, we also need one rush DE from someplace to strengthen the D line.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Eric Fisher. Can't believe how much we missed him. He probably won't be available next year and probably won't ever be the same going forward. That Achilles injury is a beast.

Mitchel Schwartz. What the heck is going on there? Back injury and rumored he may be forced to retire because of it... ouch!

GM Brett Veach. For every great move he makes he makes an equally terrible one. He has some major work to do this summer.

Sammy Watkins. Arrest this man for robbery. He's like 2 catches in last year's playoffs away from the biggest contract bust in Chiefs history.

Chris Jones. If I could gamble on him getting a personal foul I would take that bet every game.

Bashaud Breeland. If I could gamble on him getting a defensive holding I would take that bet every game.

Just take a step back and enjoy the season.

Breeland had more holding calls last night than he did all season (2).
Veach had a great draft class.
Chris Jones had a pretty dominate game outside the penalties -was in the backfield almost every play.

Certainlly sucked... but team has won 26 of 27 and last night was first time since probably Colts game last year where they were just beat.

Mahomes played unbelievable and needed help.

Not many teams could be down 2 top tier tackles against that pass rush... they got whipped. Need to start a 10 year rebuild on the OL as will likely be more important as Mahomes ages.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah and Cy$

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Ok then by your argument Bill Russell is greater than Michael Jordan. You have to say that if you want to be consistent.

Apples and oranges. Michael and Bill played different positions and in different eras. Tom and Aaron not only play in the same position but play in the same era. Tom has made 10 Super Bowls and won 7. Aaron has played in 1 and won 1.

10 Super Bowls appearances. That in itself is absolutely insane.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

You would have lost a lot of money on Breeland. He had 0 defensive holding penalties this year in the regular season.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
In a way I'm glad the game went the way it did so the officiating wasn't much of an issue. It was bad in the first half, don't get me wrong. But that was an ***-whoopin' and it wasn't the bad officiating that cost them.

The only reason I have it ordered the way I do is that it appeared to me that many of the drops were influenced by PI. Defenders would arrive a hair too early and disrupt the catch. Good receivers should overcome that and still make the catch and in the NFL I think that is the expectation. I would expect defenses to not get called on that stuff in most games - but it got called a lot on KC in the first half. The personal foul at the end of the first half exemplified the entire game for me: Brady jawed before and after the KC guy did anything and the KC guy was the one penalized. Either that needed to be a no-call or it needed to be on Brady. Having it on the KC guy in that situation was inexcusable.

Does a better-called game change the outcome? Probably not.
Does a better-called game give me a better game as a viewer who doesn't care about either team? Absolutely.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Why are you here gloating? Your team didn't do **** this year.

No gloating? I was saying hi?

So, MJ leaves the Bulls and all the Bulls fans hate him?
Lebron leaves the Cavs and Heat and now all their fans hate him?

Pretty sure many of those fans continued to root for their favorite player if "their team" wasn't going head to head.

I'm pretty sure you can root for a player that gave "your team" 20 years of success.

Patriots would never be the team they were without Brady.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron