3. Oklahoma State
4. Iowa State
5. West Virginia
6. Texas
7. Kansas State
8. Texas Tech
9. Baylor
10. Kansas

Which is the same as you but with WVU and ISU flipped. People can disagree but I think ISU would win more than 1/2 the games against WVU on a neutral field after watching yesterday. Can't go just off head-to-head when there is so much else that has happened this season like ISU's wins over OU and TCU.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I would have it

1. Oklahoma
2. TCU
3. Oklahoma State
4. Iowa State
5. West Virginia
6. Texas
7. Kansas State
8. Texas Tech
9. Baylor
10. Kansas

Which is the same as you but with WVU and ISU flipped. People can disagree but I think ISU would win more than 1/2 the games against WVU on a neutral field after watching yesterday. Can't go just off head-to-head when there is so much else that has happened this season like ISU's wins over OU and TCU.

I agree with you. I think ESPN is going to ignore the bigger picture and drop us from 1st to 5th because of a 4 point road loss. Mid-season conference rankings are reactionary. We need to win next week against OSU and we'll move to #2 behind the winner of OU/TCU.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I agree with you. I think ESPN is going to ignore the bigger picture and drop us from 1st to 5th because of a 4 point road loss. Mid-season conference rankings are reactionary. We need to win next week against OSU and we'll move to #2 behind the winner of OU/TCU.

Good thing these power rankings are basically pointless. If we beat OSU, we're in position to finish 2nd and make the CCG with two games left against the 7th and 9th teams in the conference. Road games at K-State are not easy to say the least but there could be a lot on our plate for that one if we are 8-3 going into it.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Can't argue with OP rankings. Opportunity is still there to end up on the podium with confetti flying (quoting CMC). Win out. Frogs beat OU. Texas takes care of West Virginia for us.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'd put us 4th, but I can understand having us 5th. To me, power rankings are the best teams at this point and time. I think we are still a better team than West Virginia.

And I'll disagree, losing does not feel worse than winning feels good. That's idiot fan talk.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can't argue with OP rankings. Opportunity is still there to end up on the podium with confetti flying (quoting CMC). Win out. Frogs beat OU. Texas takes care of West Virginia for us.

Or you know Oklahoma could beat West Virginia.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It doesn't matter who wins, between OU,TCU and WV we just need two of them to lose right? As long as we won out and WV loses, we go the championship game right? We would be ahead of WV and Okie St while owning the tiebreaker with the loser of the OU/TCU game.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
And I'll disagree, losing does not feel worse than winning feels good. That's idiot fan talk.
I believe those are Vin Scully's words. Can't remember and too busy to look. But not mine. And he's not an idiot. I agree with his premise although I can understand why others wouldn't.

Last edited:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Losing yesterday was painful, but if we pick ourselves up and knock off Oklahoma State next week, everything is back on the table. While 6-6 was my goal prior to the season, Campbell is right. Only ******** programs care about 6-6.