ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Touchdown Vikings!!

681562922fc0e271845d9a357e522424f2856dbd_hq.gif

Reactions: FerShizzle

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
These divisional round games are really proving the phrase, “defense wins championships” right. Even though Jacksonville gave up 42, they had solid defensive turnovers and touchdowns.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-check-to-a-fourth-and-1-quarterback-sneak/

I'll be curious to hear Tomlin's respone to this claim. The Steelers are kind of a mess right now. How does a veteran QB like that not have the freedom to audible at the line in that situation?

Sounds like there's even some minority owners who want Tomlin out of there.
IMHO, the Steelers are on a downward trend regardless of who is coaching. Ben is getting long in the tooth, Bell seems to be focused on money first, and while I can't fault him for that, he could easily be on his way out. The defense has some talent, but also some big holes.

I'm not saying they're going to go 3-13 or anything like that, just closer to .500 than they usually are. If they keep the core together, they've got 1 or maybe 2 seasons left in their window.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Sounds like there's even some minority owners who want Tomlin out of there.
IMHO, the Steelers are on a downward trend regardless of who is coaching. Ben is getting long in the tooth, Bell seems to be focused on money first, and while I can't fault him for that, he could easily be on his way out. The defense has some talent, but also some big holes.

I'm not saying they're going to go 3-13 or anything like that, just closer to .500 than they usually are. If they keep the core together, they've got 1 or maybe 2 seasons left in their window.

They're volatile, that's for sure. Tomlin is a good coach but he inexplicably runs a loose ship sometimes. I can't believe that he not only failed to keep his guys focused on Jacksonville but actually encouraged about it by talking about playing the Pats again.