Suggestion - Allow for "Favorite Topics"

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Would like to suggest the addition of a "Favorite Topics" feature.

Would allow users to add any thread their viewing to their "Favorite Topics" list. A user could then anytime view this favorite list of topics, click on them, etc. A user could delete a topic from the list at any time.

Would allow users to easily follow the topics they're most interested in. A few other online forums I participate in have this feature and it's heavily used.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We already have it:) When in a topic you like, go to the upper left part of the first message and click on options and then track this thread. You can subscribe to a thread and choose to receive email updates of it or not. Then you can see those threads in your UserCP by clicking on the left side of the screen where it says subscriptions. Let me know if it's not working that way for you and I can look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Jeremy

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I see that now. It's not easily visible and somewhat hard to get to. Not saying that's bad, just defeats my purpose of having the feature.

If you wanted a recomendation - I'd advise making the page where you can view your tracked topics easier to access - like a link on the home page and main forum page.

Perhaps in the "Site Navigation" menu.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That was a great idea. I have added it as a link on the left side navigation on the front page. I will also put a link to what I have now named the "Topic Tracker" to the area on the top of the screen that currently says "Blogs Help Search Members Calendar".

Thanks for the feedback!
Jeremy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron