Submit Your Questions for the 10/17 Mid-Week Mailbag

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The pic of Xavier Foster at the game showed him in the middle of the frenzy of the ISU community celebrating something great.

Is the sense of community truly stronger than other places, and how much do you think that sense of community influences players' decisions to come to Ames?

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I accidentally submitted a report at work in HTML instead of a PDF, is Dana Holgerson going to have a press conference about me?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
No one on the current starting OL is a senior...

Sure, but that doesn't mean someone won't leave the program or get leapfrogged by someone else. I would guess that it's hardly set in stone for next season even if all the current starters have another year or more of eligibility.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
How has Jim Hofner's change in coaching position going? Also any update on Tom Manning & the Colts?

They're 1-5 but they've been competitive. They're just young and they make too many mistakes. Eric Ebron has had a nice season so far although he still drops too many catchable balls and can't block for ****. Doyle's been hurt and Manning has been stuck coaching up a couple former basketball players in Erik Swoope and Mo-Alie Cox.

Reich, Manning and the rest of the staff will have a long leash and at least another full season to figure things out before anyone's seat starts getting warm.

Reactions: MrPeske

sfisher

Nov 11, 2009
Ankeny
Conspiracy theory for Big 12 Scheduling.
Has TX or OU ever played in Ames in November?
Will they ever submit their blue bloods to the cold of Iowa in November?
How scared is Big 12 in scheduling Home games in Ames in the month of October for top/potential top teams; OU moved to Sept, @TCU, @TX and probably assumed WVU would win?
Will we forever have a BYE week in October due to our success at home? (the Big 12 wanting a team in the playoff and previous BYE weeks before/after season)?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Conspiracy theory for Big 12 Scheduling.
Has TX or OU ever played in Ames in November?
Will they ever submit their blue bloods to the cold of Iowa in November?
How scared is Big 12 in scheduling Home games in Ames in the month of October for top/potential top teams; OU moved to Sept, @TCU, @TX and probably assumed WVU would win?
Will we forever have a BYE week in October due to our success at home? (the Big 12 wanting a team in the playoff and previous BYE weeks before/after season)?
I remember Texas playing in Ames on October 30th in '99. It was chilly and very windy. That hot air balloon they used to send up next to the stadium during games sometimes almost blew into the upper deck if I remember correctly. It shouldn't have gone up at all. That same season OU played in Ames on Nov 13.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron