Stupid Alamo Bowl Memes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
What everyone considers the Alamo is actually just the Alamo's Chappel. Whereas the Alamo encompassed much more space. The chappel was the back corner.

Ain't no one got time for your bar trivia.

Edit. Wait a second, so in that photo Cyclone Nation is defending their right to drink in church?

Ooh carry on

Last edited:

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
1743413_0.jpg

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Ain't no one got time for your bar trivia.

Edit. Wait a second, so in that photo Cyclone Nation is defending their right to drink in church?

Ooh carry on
It's a Catholic Church. We have been sipping wine inside the church and drinking beer outside for a couple thousand years.

If you have some spare time in San Antonio, check out San Antonio Missions National Historical Park.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
How about James "Jim" Bowie.
200.gif

Croc with the Bowie knife.

Last edited:

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
What everyone considers the Alamo is actually just the Alamo's Chappel. Whereas the Alamo encompassed much more space. The chappel was the back corner.

I went on the tour a long long time ago, but if I remember correctly the chappel is also significant because that is where the last remaining defenders bunkered in and ended up getting overrun.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I'm torn. I think this graphic is very cool and would love to make a poster out of it. However, is it bad mojo to have the Cyclone Nation flag on the Alamo where they lost?

I don’t think history remembers the defenders of the Alamo as just losing. I think they are remembered as about 180 men that valiantly defended against about 4,000 members of the Mexican army and lasting an astonishing 13 days while taking about 3 members of the Mexican army for every “Texan” that was lost. I don’t see that as bad mojo. That poster is awesome. If it helps, think of the Alamo defenders as ISU’s special teams and the American army as the rest of the team coming in and cleaning house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cycsk