Students: If we win.....

toneloc34

Apr 10, 2006
Students should rush the field if they want.

If a student is at ISU for only 4 years, that means only two home games against our in state rival while they are there. No offense, but a win against Iowa might be the best home win a student gets to see while they are on campus.

Rushing the field makes for a great memory, and is perfectly appropriate if we win this weekend.

Go State!

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
As my previous post said, how do you explain Iowa fans rushing the field in 2004 and 2006 then?

Last year, fans were screaming behind Kirk Ferentz on the field while he was being interviewed by ESPN. I don't think we were that good last year, were we?
yeah it looked ridiculous didnt it. let them be the ones to embarrass themselves on a national level. you can still get hammered and sleep with random people :)biggrin:) and live the college life.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
What people may not understand is pretty much anyone on this board has no control over wether you rush or not - As the former Captain Doug of the ISU PD would tell people (now currently employed by Ames PD and no longer working games - I wish him well!), "If you dont' want to rush the field, leave now or you will be trampled"

This is especially true of the front rows. In fact, we have to be on the field before the game is over, because we literally get pushed over the wall. The best we can do is try to keep people off of the game field until the clock hits zero

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Besides, rushing the field is fun, and we don't get many oppertunities (this year will likely be especially true)

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I'm rushing something if we win, so I guess it will have to be Welch!!!

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
and this is why we will always be looked at as the little brother. because there has been 1 intelligent post in this thread so far...the first one. beating a rival...yeah all fine and dandy when they are good. i wouldnt call iowa good this year. coaches first win...so were you gonna rush the field if we beat kent state. i seriously doubt it. 22 is right the sight is great, but make it worth it. save it for OU or texas or some other ranked opponent. or you all can do it this weekend and add fuel to their fire and make us all look stupid. disagree if you want, but rushing the field to beat a mediocre opponent makes us look stupid.

I agree 99.9%, with the one exception being a last second victory. If we're down late and we score as time expires to win(I prefer Meyer to Blythe deep pass), I would promote rushing the field.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
It's my last Iowa game as an ISU student... of course I'm going to make it count! I'll be with the thousands of others ready to run onto the field should we win!

SouthCyder

May 30, 2007
North Liberty, IA
It's my last Iowa game as an ISU student... of course I'm going to make it count! I'll be with the thousands of others ready to run onto the field should we win!

I made mine count a few years ago, and I have the concussion to prove it!:wub:

There's no stopping it, so why the heck not.

Caution Students: Just because a guy has a camera doesn't mean you should get all up in the camera. Someone will push you from behind, you will fall to the ground and someone's knee will connect with your head. If you're lucky, your best friend will be there to lift you up before you are trampled. You will sing the fight song, but it might be incoherent. GO STATE!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I plan to rush the field when we win and see if those engineered goal posts are as good as they tout. Se me in the rushing mob? I am the purple spinner.

:idea::jiggy::laugh::err::elvis::cry::embarrassed::jimlad::arghh::huh::mad::policeman::wub::spinny::wubclub::realmad::twitcy::v_SPIN::tongue::cute::eek::daydreaming::nah::SLEEP::goofy::idea::frown::swoon:

Last edited:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Here's to hoping the students have to worry about whether or not to rush the field Saturday.

If we do win though, it would be pretty cool if the entire crowd let out a collective yawn after trouncing Iowa.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
IF we win, the fields will be rushed and I am all for it...I've done it at least once for 3 years running - Nebraska '04, Iowa '05, Missouri '06...so I'd like at least one this year, I'd prefer it be Texas or Oklahoma, but I'll suffice with a Cy-Hawk trophy...but we gotta shut down the chokeyes first...the big 12 IS better than the big 10, let's help prove it! We've scored 27 points in 2 games so far this year...time to score 27 in 1 game and beat a rival in the process!!!!

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Coaches first win...so were you gonna rush the field if we beat kent state. I seriously doubt it. Save it for OU or Texas or some other ranked opponent. or you all can do it this weekend and add fuel to their fire and make us all look stupid. disagree if you want, but rushing the field to beat a mediocre opponent makes us look stupid.

Coaches first win... rushing the the field. Try tearing down the goal post that was the seen when DMac beat Ohio U for his first win. I tried to convince people in the student section not to rip the post down because there would be bigger wins later (which there were). My reasoning was that if you rip the post down too many times ISU would go to folding post like they have in Iowa City, and of course they went one better with the undestructable post. Fun haters, actually it was/is a liability safety issue. The reasoning I heard from the student section is you never know when the big victory will come and you may not be at the game or long gone from ISU. Live for the moment, if I remember correctly several students tried to take down the post at the next win also and would have done it at every game if ISU would not have put a stop to it. Students being students, a large percentage of these students will not be back to football games after they graduate, so live for the moment.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Until we start winning more than I don't blame anyone for rushing the field. If we beat Kent State at this point than someone should rush the field. Celebrating should never be discouraged.

As a side note, why does everyone feel like they need to tell everyone what to do?

I feel like I need to bring a check list. Reading this board these seem to be the rules.

#1 Show up early
#2 Don't leave early
#3 Don't rush the field
#4 If sweet caroline plays don't sing along

Here are my rules

#1 Start tailgaiting the minute they open the lot
#2 Don't drink so much that I fall asleep during the game
#3 Be in my seats roughly 2 minutes before kick-off
#4 Cheer when I feel like it-I'm assuming more than the average fan since people around me give me strange looks
#5 When the game is over drink some more
#6 On the drive home feel like crap if we lose and have a strong urge to ram the car in front of me that drives 50mph all the way back to Des Moines

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I was at a game once when they tore down the goal posts for beating Baylor. If people can rush the field for that game they should be able to for any game. So what if it was the only win that year (at least I think it was) It might be the only one this year too.

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I was at a game once when they tore down the goal posts for beating Baylor. If people can rush the field for that game they should be able to for any game. So what if it was the only win that year (at least I think it was) It might be the only one this year too.

AMES, Iowa - Darren Davis ran for two touchdowns and a career-high 247 yards as Iowa State broke a 13-game losing streak with a 24-17 win over Big 12 Conference rival Baylor.
The Cyclones victory, their first since a 45-31 win over Missouri in the fourth game of last season, drove the student body to storm the field and tear down both goalposts.
Iowa State (1-6, 1-3 Big 12) led 17-10 late in the fourth quarter when Davis, who carried 33 times, took the handoff from Todd Bandhauer and raced up the middle for the 39-yard score.
Darrell Bush's six-yard run for Baylor (1-6, 0-4), with 38 seconds left, provided the final margin.
The Cyclones took the lead 3:19 into the first quarter on Davis' one-yard run. Four minutes later Baylor evened the score on an 18-yard run by Jeff Watson.
Bandhauer connected with Tyrone Watley for a 38-yard scoring strike early in the second for a 14-7 lead.
Jamie Kohl's 40-yard field goal in the third put Iowa State up 17-7 before Matt Bryant's 21-yard field goal brought Baylor within a touchdown.
The win for Iowa State was its first in three games over Baylor. The Bears had shutout the Cyclones in their only other trip to Ames in 1988, 35-0.

I believe that was the Homecoming game that year too, if I'm not mistaken. That is one of my earlier Cyclone memories.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
#5 When the game is over drink some more
#6 On the drive home feel like crap if we lose and have a strong urge to ram the car in front of me that drives 50mph all the way back to Des Moines

I know you hate people telling you what to do, but I hope you sober up before the ride home.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
What is wrong with rushing the field? It would be Chizik's first win(as a head coach, and as head coach at ISU), it would be over our biggest rival, and it would be an upset. If I were an ISU student, I know I would be running on to that field after the game!

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
If I recall correctly, Colorado rushed the field in Boulder last year when they beat us (Hawkins' first win). I sincerely doubt that CU fans cared we were a mediocre (read: horrible) opponent. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have gone if we beat Kent State, unless I was forced on. This is my senior year, and I sincerely doubt we're going to beat a "ranked" opponent like Texas or OU this year (I could die happy if we did) so there's no reason to "save it." In addition, I'm moving down to Houston next year, which means that:

(a) Not only is this my last Iowa game as a student, with the current ticket policy, it very well could be my last Iowa game, EVER.
(b) After this year, I don't have to put up with squawk BS
(c) Unless my schedule works out that particular year, there's a great chance that I won't be here when we do beat Texas or OU.
(d) With the way I dress for games, I'm sure any Hawk fan thinks I look "stupid" anyway. I stopped caring what other people think of me a long time ago

So excuse me, but if we win, and the mob is going. I'm going down with it.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
....please don't rush the field. I was thinking about this today, and if we were to pull the upset, I could see the student section rushing the field. Winning this game would be nice, but its not like Iowa is ranked, and by rushing we would give them plenty of fuel for thier "super bowl" argument. Even if we were 2-0, I don't think rushing the field this year is appropriate. Before you all hate on me, I DO agree that rushing the field 2 years ago was appropriate (Iowa was ranked 8th).

I think we need rules for rushing the field:
-Beat a top 10 team when you are unranked
-Winning/clinching a conference title
Feel free to add more.

After losing to UNI...ANY win is reason to rush the field as they are all extreme upsets.