Student Tickets

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
Does anyone know how many student tickets there are available at Hilton? This came up in a discussion with my room mate and we couldn't find an answer. Thanks!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I think there is somewhere around 19 tix available:wink:

no just kidding I think its 2,000 but could be wrong

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
The number is flexible, and changes slightly every year. Roughly speaking, there are about 2,560 student tickets made available for men's basketball. In 08-09, there were 2,528 sold. In 07-08, there were 2,472 sold. Both of those years were declared sellouts. Tickets have not yet sold out this year (for the first time in three years) but there are very few remaining.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
The number is flexible, and changes slightly every year. Roughly speaking, there are about 2,560 student tickets made available for men's basketball. In 08-09, there were 2,528 sold. In 07-08, there were 2,472 sold. Both of those years were declared sellouts. Tickets have not yet sold out this year (for the first time in three years) but there are very few remaining.

I hope that they over sell tickets for students this year. Give them X many actual seats but sell X + 500 tickets. Keeps down empty seats.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Too many since a lot of them never get sold or show up.
False. Student tickets have sold out every year since 2001 (with the exception of 2003). Tickets are expected to sell out this year as well, just at a slower pace than the last two years. If you'd like specific data on sales numbers for any year since 2000, I'd be happy to provide it.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Too many since a lot of them never get sold or show up.

They always sell, even when we had both upper decks as opposed to the one we have now. (Jamie definitely made the right move there)

The problem is people aren't showing up. I still think Cyclone Alley is a big reason for this. Don't get me wrong, I loved CA and everything those guys on the committee did when I was in school. I don't know of any other student section that organizes an annual road trip (which are a freakin blast!).

But I think the whole "have to have the t-shirt" really turns people off from going.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
False. Student tickets have sold out every year since 2001 (with the exception of 2003). Tickets are expected to sell out this year as well, just at a slower pace than the last two years. If you'd like specific data on sales numbers for any year since 2000, I'd be happy to provide it.

The not being sold out surprises me. I remember hearing that they were not going to make as many student tickets available this year (on account that we are going to be decent) because I know they usually oversell by several hundred tix...

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
The not being sold out surprises me. I remember hearing that they were not going to make as many student tickets available this year (on account that we are going to be decent) because I know they usually oversell by several hundred tix...
Economy, dude.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
They always sell, even when we had both upper decks as opposed to the one we have now. (Jamie definitely made the right move there)

The problem is people aren't showing up. I still think Cyclone Alley is a big reason for this. Don't get me wrong, I loved CA and everything those guys on the committee did when I was in school. I don't know of any other student section that organizes an annual road trip (which are a freakin blast!).

But I think the whole "have to have the t-shirt" really turns people off from going.

The whole you have to have a tshirt to sit in the lower level probably turns off plenty. If you knew you had to sit in the upper deck for a crappy non conf game.. it would be hard to go.

If you give all students the first come first serve chance to sit in the lower level, then people would show up assuming they could sit down low. When they find out they cant, I would assume a majority of them would find a place to sit upstairs instead of just walking home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron