Student Ticket Info Email (w/ Transfer Instructions)

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Just got this email.

The 2010 Iowa State football season is just around the corner. For those of you that have already purchased a student season ticket we wanted to share some important information with you prior to the season.

As student season ticket holders, you will no longer have printed tickets nor will you be required to come to the Athletics Ticket Office and wait in line to pick-up your season football ticket.

Your “ticket” will be loaded onto your personal ISUCard soon after purchase and you will present your ISUCard for admittance to the games as outlined below.

When you come to the games this fall, (1) be sure to use the student entrance at Gate 2 and (2) make certain the magnetic stripe on the back of your ISUCard is in good working condition. You can get a free replacement card (if necessary) at the ISUCard Office. Additional information on this process is available here.

Student tickets for all Iowa State athletics events will be loaded electronically to your ISUCard.

It is important to note that students can still forward their tickets to friends if unable to attend a game. To transfer tickets, students should…

• log into their ticket account at cyclones.com by entering their student ID number into both the account ID and the password fields and
  • choose the “Manage my tickets” link to complete the transfer via email.
This service will be available one week prior to the first football game.

If you have any questions about these procedures, contact the Iowa State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-888-478-2925 or 515-294-1816. Thank you and Go Cyclones!

Reactions: motorCYcle

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Don't like it, but I'm glad to see they're making an attempt to have good transferability. That and you don't have to worry about losing a ticket or forgetting it as long as you have your wallet on you

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They need a way to transfer it to a non-student, even if that ticket then requires an extra amount to 'validate' it. I know other schools do this.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
At least there's a way to transfer, but still too difficult than just handing you ticket off to a friend or somebody else so that your seat gets filled.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Glad I'm not a student having to use this process. Can you imagine showing up to the Nebraska game and having your magnetic strip not working quite right? Hopefully they have a way to look up student season ticket holders at the Ticket Office on game day if needed...

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Glad I'm not a student having to use this process. Can you imagine showing up to the Nebraska game and having your magnetic strip not working quite right? Hopefully they have a way to look up student season ticket holders at the Ticket Office on game day if needed...

That's exactly what I am worried about. I am thinking I will go get the free replacement ISUCard before the season just to make it works out.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
It sucks for non-students. Some of best friends who go to small D-II and D-III schools have had amazing experiences in the student section.

Can multiple tickets be transferred to one person so they can bring guests?

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
It sucks for non-students. Some of best friends who go to small D-II and D-III schools have had amazing experiences in the student section.

Can multiple tickets be transferred to one person so they can bring guests?

They can still get in. Just means they have to buy regular tickets (which helps our Athletic Department's budget) and then it's pretty easy for them to walk into the student section to sit with you.

They should be buying tickets, not mooching off ISU students who are paying a discounted rate because they are enrolled at the university.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They can still get in. Just means they have to buy regular tickets (which helps our Athletic Department's budget) and then it's pretty easy for them to walk into the student section to sit with you.

They should be buying tickets, not mooching off ISU students who are paying a discounted rate because they are enrolled at the university.
Thats why many schools have the option to validate the ticket, so you can buy the ticket, but you need to go to the ticket office on gameday and pay an extra fee to compensate for the student discount thatd been factored into that ticket.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa

I agree, not that horrible. Hopefully they take away the guy at the top of the stairs of the student section now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron