Streaming WBB to the TV

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I am interested in streaming the Clonezone broadcasts to our TV wirelessly and am wondering if the Blue Ray DVD players or home theatre systems that offer WiFi will allow this. They advertise connecting to Youtube and Facebook, but does that mean you can browse the net on the TV?

I know I could just move a computer near the TV and connect directly, but would like to upgrade our stereo system anyway.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
I am interested in streaming the Clonezone broadcasts to our TV wirelessly and am wondering if the Blue Ray DVD players or home theatre systems that offer WiFi will allow this. They advertise connecting to Youtube and Facebook, but does that mean you can browse the net on the TV?

I know I could just move a computer near the TV and connect directly, but would like to upgrade our stereo system anyway.

A family member in the business told me there is a big advance being offered after an announcement in January. So keep that in mind, for what its worth...

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Just bought an LG smart TV in July and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a Clone Zone app in the next few years.

For now though, I just plug my computer into the TV and it looks great. I think that's the only way to do it right now.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Just bought an LG smart TV in July and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a Clone Zone app in the next few years.

For now though, I just plug my computer into the TV and it looks great. I think that's the only way to do it right now.

I would suggest that also -- unless you don't have a computer close-by the set. Forget the wireless for the present and wait to see how tech changes in '12.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I would suggest getting a BluRay player that can connect to the Internet for browsing, or if looking to upgrade your phone, the Motorola high end droids have docking stations that can enable the same feature.

You can get a BluRay with Internet access for around $75 and add a wireless connector for $50. Much cheaper than buying a $2500 TV. Plus, if you ever want to upgrade, much cheaper to switch out the BluRay.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

If you are a Mac user, I wonder if the Apple TV will accomplish this task?

Help Support Us

Become a patron