Stream ESPN3 to TV With WI-FI?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If you search through it. There will be a fixed amount of different apps like MLBTV, Youtube, and Netflix that you can add. Essentially, that is what a SmartTV is for, so that you can use those apps. For all the one's I've seen, you can't just browse around the internet on internet explorer or anything.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just went to the Vizio website for apps and it doesn't appear to have an app for ESPN3
They have the standard Netflix, Pandora, Amazon etc.
I checked ESPN and they have a WATCHESPN Android app that you might be able to download and upload to your TV. You can get ESPN3 content with that.

I don't have a Vizio TV so I am assuming it is using Android apps.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I have never played around with a WiFi TV...so I really have no idea what purpose it serves other than streaming Netflix. Are apps for these types of TVs downloadable or are they installed by the manufacturer?
Both typically.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I just went to the Vizio website for apps and it doesn't appear to have an app for ESPN3
They have the standard Netflix, Pandora, Amazon etc.
I checked ESPN and they have a WATCHESPN Android app that you might be able to download and upload to your TV. You can get ESPN3 content with that.

I don't have a Vizio TV so I am assuming it is using Android apps.

First of all, I doubt you can upload the android app to your TV. Secondly, the android WatchESPN app is only for WatchESPN users, not ESPN3 users (yes, I know it is confusing). Therefore, to use the phone app, you have to be eligible to use WatchESPN, which I'm assuming you are not. The only way you are eligible for WatchESPN is if you have a TV subscription with one of their list of only like 4 providers like Time Warner and Comcast. If you do happen to have access to a cable TV subscription to one of those, more power to you. You can get it on your phone, but I still doubt you can transfer it to your TV.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
general question here from a novice tech guy - what is the best way to get ESPN3 content ON the tv?

use the airplay app on an ipad?

buy an xbox and the subscription?

are there bluray's with ESPN apps? (my sony doesn't have one).

my guess is there will be several threads in the next few months - appreciate any expert advice from the tech studs on this board.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
general question here from a novice tech guy - what is the best way to get ESPN3 content ON the tv? HDMI Cord

use the airplay app on an ipad? Don't Know

buy an xbox and the subscription? Yes, you can do this

are there bluray's with ESPN apps? (my sony doesn't have one). I've never seen one and ESPN has obviously only intended to allow systems that they can get a steady stream of money from for having it on their system like XBox360 (monthly subscription fee)

my guess is there will be several threads in the next few months - appreciate any expert advice from the tech studs on this board.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Thanks for the info. I will have to play around with the TV to see what it can do and what it can't. For those of you who have a "Smart" TV...do you use the WiFi capability much?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron