Storm Watch

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm thankful everyone seems to be safe so far. Erik just left for work.....and it seems like it'll be okay for his drive south.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Figured and believe me we're paying attention...very serious...

We've got radar up on 3 computers, a weather radio on, chat sessions with all of the NWS, tv stations, spotters, etc. and she's sitting here watching John like he was Oprah.

anything you want me to telll her?

Hmmmmmm.... well since you asked...

Whats the likely hood we are getting hit in DSM tonight??

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
KCCI noted "some angry viewers are calling in".

I'd tell these people to look at the tapes from the Parkersburg tornado, review how many people died and to go get bent.

I am usually not a huge fan of them breaking in, but that is when it is a thunderstorm! Tornadoes are a whole other animal. They need to be on at this point.

Aren't all season finales done anyway?

On a side note.... my high school mascot was a tornado... college mascot was a cyclone...:cute:

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Hmmmmmm.... well since you asked...

Whats the likely hood we are getting hit in DSM tonight??

"Probably not going to get hit my this Creston storm but there is a bunch of new development in the NW and also moving out of Nebraska. I'd be surprised if we don't see something here and in Ames. Looks like another bumpy night." - MrsWx4Cy

Last edited:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Probably not going to get hit my this Creston storm but there is a bunch of new development in the NW and also moving out of Nebraska. I'd be surprised if we don't see something here and in Ames. Looks like another bumpy night.

Yay... I can't hardly wait... Now I want a weather radio, but I don't want one that is going to make me crap my pants when it goes off in the middle of the night....

Any suggestions on one that will wake you up but won't wake the dead.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
KCCI noted "some angry viewers are calling in".

I'd tell these people to look at the tapes from the Parkersburg tornado, review how many people died and to go get bent.

It is not like a rerun of CSI is all that important.

I do like how ch13 is showing the game also.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Yay... I can't hardly wait... Now I want a weather radio, but I don't want one that is going to make me crap my pants when it goes off in the middle of the night....

Any suggestions on one that will wake you up but won't wake the dead.

The new ones have volume and you can be specific to counties. You can also choose radio, alert, etc. But they are all scary...that's the point.

HyVee has some nice ones that KCCI has co-sponsored. About $30.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I always make sure to act like I don't hear the incredibly loud weather radio so the wife has to get up and hit the button to hear the warning:wink:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am pretty sure the next Coach coupon is for June 7-15. When's your wife free? You and Brian can take the all kids for the afternoon. :yes:

I just got that coupon!! :yes: Summer purse weather, isn't it?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The radio at Hy-Vee is pretty darn good. Attached are the weather radio frequencies for Iowa and the manual for that particular radio....

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The new ones have volume and you can be specific to counties. You can also choose radio, alert, etc. But they are all scary...that's the point.

HyVee has some nice ones that KCCI has co-sponsored. About $30.

We have that one, I am trying to get it to only alert me for polk county. It just went off and told me about clarke county, so that really did not do me a whole lot of good.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Thank you Ed Wilson and Justin Sacher for yapping throughout the ENTIRE deciding game of the Finals, save for about a 3 minute stretch in the first period. Unreal.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We have that one, I am trying to get it to only alert me for polk county. It just went off and told me about clarke county, so that really did not do me a whole lot of good.

See my post above yours if you want the manual for that radio and the frequency list.

Help Support Us

Become a patron