Stone Cold on raw tonight

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The Rock is not in attendance tonight, according to sources.

Looks like Vince is pulling out all the stops to try to hype Wrestlemania this year. Maybe he realizes that the Raw in its current PG format freaking sucks.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I was a HUGE fan a decade ago. With the Rock and Stone Cold coming back, I admit...I'm hooked again. The Stone Cold Stunner was always one of my favorite finish moves. Of coures the Rock Bottom and People's Elbow are great.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Anyone get a count on the beers? I know he only drinks like a sip from each (spillage, foaming, smashing them together, not getting it in his mouth, not even drinking), but I'm pretty sure he polished off a case of Stones in roughly 6 minutes.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What's the deal between JBL and Stone Cold?

JBL was going to "sign the contract" to be a special guest referee for a match between Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Stone Cold interrupted that before the contract ever made it into JBLs hands.

It was a pretty fun segment all the way around. Cole had me mentioning that I wouldn't mind giving him a swift, low kick. JBL is a blast. And then the man.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's interesting....Michael Cole used to be scrawny.....he's obviously done some heavy lifting since he'll actually be in a match coming up.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
JBL was going to "sign the contract" to be a special guest referee for a match between Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Stone Cold interrupted that before the contract ever made it into JBLs hands.

It was a pretty fun segment all the way around. Cole had me mentioning that I wouldn't mind giving him a swift, low kick. JBL is a blast. And then the man.

Yeah, I saw that but I didn't know if there was a backstory on JBL and Austin. I haven't watched in years.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'm impressed with the beer tosses. Whoever is throwing them has been on the money no matter where Stone Cold has been.

Recipe for WWE right now seems to be "Let aging superstars come back, run their most loved routines for 20 minutes, profit."

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm impressed with the beer tosses. Whoever is throwing them has been on the money no matter where Stone Cold has been.

Recipe for WWE right now seems to be "Let aging superstars come back, run their most loved routines for 20 minutes, profit."

No doubt. Obviously, they've decided that the current roster lacks the starpower or whatever to get the job done. Seems to me that it means one of two things:

1) They're selling out completely for a short-term Wrestlemania buy. or

2) They're bringing in all of the aging guys to show the young ones how it's done, and push them to step up their game, and do it right now.

Not sure which one, but it almost has to be one of those options.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Anyone just see that King Sheamus dude snap his ankle? Obviously wasn't a staged injury. Was knocked out of the ring and landed awkwardly...could hear the snap. He was counted out and couldn't even put weight on it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Anyone just see that King Sheamus dude snap his ankle? Obviously wasn't a staged injury. Was knocked out of the ring and landed awkwardly...could hear the snap. He was counted out and couldn't even put weight on it.

And then made a match for next week. It was staged.