Stock Up Now

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
Some people take this stuff waaay too seriously. I'm the homeland security point of contact for a state agency. Had a very persistent gentlemen find his way into my office (I'm in a locked building - it didn't stop him) this summer, and for a half an hour h went through a crazy explanation of the end of time will happen either late this year or early 2013. His theory hat involves Mayans, Greek gods, astrology, astronomy, lots of math and just a touch of biblical references.

In case you're wondering - first everything will catch fire. Then, flood like Noah all over again.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I'll just let jesus take the wheel.
tumblr_l68yhw75p81qzvl4eo1_500.png

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Jesus rode on a donkey. Donkeys don't have wheels. I wanted to start an end of world thread but someone beat me to it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No, according to their cal, we are well into 2014 already.

But considering the Mayan calendar is based on solar and lunar cycles, which which Leap Year has nothing to do, it means that the end of the universe would be well into 2014. 21 Dec 2012 is the "end of the universe" date adjusted to account for Gregorian Leap Years.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Some people take this stuff waaay too seriously. I'm the homeland security point of contact for a state agency. Had a very persistent gentlemen find his way into my office (I'm in a locked building - it didn't stop him) this summer, and for a half an hour h went through a crazy explanation of the end of time will happen either late this year or early 2013. His theory hat involves Mayans, Greek gods, astrology, astronomy, lots of math and just a touch of biblical references.

In case you're wondering - first everything will catch fire. Then, flood like Noah all over again.

Thanks for the tips. I will gas up tonight and fill the tub with water and order an inflatable boat from Amazon tonight.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
What sort of lame *** apocalypse can be survived with some canned goods and candles?

Well, Breaking Bad and That Favorite Zombie Apocalypse come to mind "Walking Dead". Well, and some sort of makeshift weapon like a shovel or baseball bat. We all know that what they show on t.v. is truthful and I'm sure that's why they've put preppers on t.v.

Oh yeah, and Jesus can't drive. At least not 55.

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
Thanks for the tips. I will gas up tonight and fill the tub with water and order an inflatable boat from Amazon tonight.

He strongly recommended everyone building underground cellars to live in through the fires. But, you should also be gathering work horses cuz you'll need them after the flood as we'll all be living in 'Little House On The Prairie' times. And of course, take the horses into consideration when building your boats. It all seemed so crazy - with a hint of common sense.

After he left I politely, yet firmly, asked the reception desk to NOT send unknown people to my office.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He strongly recommended everyone building underground cellars to live in through the fires. But, you should also be gathering work horses cuz you'll need them after the flood as we'll all be living in 'Little House On The Prairie' times. And of course, take the horses into consideration when building your boats. It all seemed so crazy - with a hint of common sense.

After he left I politely, yet firmly, asked the reception desk to NOT send unknown people to my office.

Aah so he adhered to creation science.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So I had to check, and my hunch was right....

FX will be showing the movie "2012" on December 21st...as long as we're still here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron