Steve Prohm says he'll meet with Jamie Pollard to discuss his future next week...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Since 2017, here is Craig Smith's conference tournament resume:

2017-#1 seed in Summit League, 1-1 in the conference tournament (lost to Daum and South Dakota State, coached by TJ in the semis)
2018-#2 seed, 2-1 in conference tournament and lost in the finals to Daum and TJ again

2019-2021-Since coaching Utah St. He's been the two seed every year (San Diego State #1). Has no losses in the MWC Tournament to date (beat San Diego State twice in a row on the finals). He plays San Diego State again, today for a chance at a 3 peat in the MWC Tournament.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

2017-#1 seed in Summit League, 1-1 in the conference tournament (lost to Daum and SDSU, coached by TJ in the semis)
2018-#2 seed, 2-1 in conference tournament and lost in the finals to Daum and TJ again

Since coaching Utah St. He's been the two seed every year (San Diego State #1). Has no losses in the MWC Tournament to date (beat SDSU twice in a row on the finals). He plays SDSU again, today for a chance at a 3 peat in the MWC Tournament.

Is that good?

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis

2017-#1 seed in Summit League, 1-1 in the conference tournament (lost to Daum and SDSU, coached by TJ in the semis)

Since coaching Utah St. He's been the two seed every year (San Diego State #1). Has no losses in the MWC Tournament to date (beat SDSU twice in a row on the finals). He plays SDSU again, today for a chance at a 3 peat in the MWC Tournament.
The fact that South Dakota State and San Diego State’s abbreviations are both SDSU makes this post really confusing

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I can't wait for the new coach to be hired. This ******* horse is dead and still getting the crap beat out of it.
Honestly, Prohm was toast when he got heckled from the cheap seats by his own fanbase on Senior Night in 2019(?). It was a **** move then, but it should have led to the obvious in less than two years. But here we are still waiting.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wasn't the heckling at senior night 2017? (I'm not the person to confirm/disprove, that's just how I remember it).

I definitely don't think it happened in 2017 (and there shouldn't have been any heckling for that specific game and/or team, as that was Monte, Matt, and Naz's Senior night, and that team won their Senior Day/Night game, which is something that hasn't happened since :(), but it definitely happened on Senior Day back in 2019 (the Shayok/THT team) after we lost to Texas Tech. You always hate to lose on Senior Day, but we actually played pretty well and just lost to the eventual national runner-up, no huge shame in that.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
It was pretty undeserved and a real ******* move by that fan.
Yeah. Here's some context. It was kind of a big deal at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
IIRC there was a lot of noise against Snyder. No Head Coaching Experience. We went with Walden. Walden was Head Coach at Washington State. We went with Experience. Plus Walden didn’t have Hawkeye ties. And wasn’t just an Assistant. So it was ingrained biases that would not lead to the selection of Bill Snyder.
We can only dream....and also wonder if we too could have had Ron Prince at some point

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I definitely don't think it happened in 2017 (and there shouldn't have been any heckling for that specific game and/or team, as that was Monte, Matt, and Naz's Senior night, and that team won their Senior Day/Night game, which is something that hasn't happened since :(), but it definitely happened on Senior Day back in 2019 (the Shayok/THT team) after we lost to Texas Tech. You always hate to lose on Senior Day, but we actually played pretty well and just lost to the eventual national runner-up, no huge shame in that.

Thanks, you're right. It didn't seem likely it'd happen w/ '17 team, I think my brain merged the two events into one somehow.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
tenor.gif

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I totally agree, but there's always been that vocal contingent that has hated Prohm from Day One.
There are people on here who voice displeasure then complete idiots like that loser. 99.9% of us who want Prohm replaced don't stoop to that level so stop trying to equate them.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I dislike many things currently about Iowa State basketball, but this is high up there for me. I enjoy getting to know the players and seeing them develop over 3 or 4 years. There are so many new faces every year under Prohm.

I don't think this can be understated for a program like Iowa State. Iowans don't have professional sports teams, so our college teams garner significant media attention and fan affinity. It's great to watch players develop over a 3-4 year career. We share in their ups & downs from being raw freshman to young men entering the "real world".

We have great memories of CYCLONE GREATS. Names like: Morris, Niang, Ejim, Brackins, Blalock, Stinson, Sullivan, Fizer, Hoiberg, Meyers, Alexander, Grayer, Hornacek, Stevens.

But equally strong are the glue guys that we grew to love: Young, Weiler-Babb, Mitrou-Long, Thomas, Garrett, Christopherson, Clark, Homan, Rancik, Shirley, Stevie Johnson, Beechum, Michalik, Doerrfeld, Thigpen, Holloway, Woods, Thompkins, Sam Hill, Virgil and Ronnie Harris.

I am sure there are other guys prior to the Johnny Orr years. But I am have fond memories with the above players who had lengthy Cyclone careers.

I know some will have a strong reaction, but I also think ISU needs to be in strong consideration for the best Iowa HS players. There aren't a ton- but fans have a strong attachment to the local player.

Status
Not open for further replies.