Steve Prohm releases statement

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Good on him. From a personality and integrity standpoint, he is exactly the kind of person you want coaching your team. It is truly a shame that it didn't work out. I wish him nothing but success and good fortune.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Like McCarney, I hope we can welcome Rhoads and Prohm back someday. It sucks when guys who really want to be here and represent the university so well don't work out.

I think we've all "forgiven" or "rehabilitated" McCarney to the point he's an all-timer legend in ISU lore.

Rhoads... not sure if we're there yet. I hope we get there, though.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CyBobby and aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think we've all "forgiven" or "rehabilitated" McCarney to the point he's an all-timer legend in ISU lore.

It usually takes a few coaches to do that. McCarney got fully embraced by Campbell but not the other two.

Hopefully, we have Campbell for years though ;)

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Mac fizzled out at the end, but his legacy didn’t need to be rehabilitated. Nothing we’ve seen the past few years is possible if Mac hadn’t pulled our program out of the gutter.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

They don't need to be "forgiven" or "rehabilitated." They weren't murderers, they just didn't win enough games.

They gave us some good memories and represented us with class and pride. It wasn't enough to save their jobs but it ought to be enough to earn our thanks and respect.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
They don't need to be "forgiven" or "rehabilitated." They weren't murderers, they just didn't win enough games.

They gave us some good memories and represented us with class and pride. It wasn't enough to save their jobs but it ought to be enough to earn our thanks and respect.

A lot of similarities between the Prohm and Rhoads tenures.

First few years were left some nice players, and brought us some fun games and all time moments.

But ultimately had enough miscues and misses that led to their downfall.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Has there ever really been a lot of hate around Rhoads? It seems like since we've had a good amount of success people have forgiven him pretty quickly

We haven't talked about it much lately, but there was a pretty vocal contingent on here for a long time that was "Rhoads sucks good riddance don't let the door hit you on the way out," which was rather unfortunate.

The last real contact I can remember Rhoads had with the fanbase was doing a postmortem podcast with somebody (maybe CW), and it was very much a "this is what went wrong in the program under my watch."

Compared that to how we treat McCarney... CW does a podcast with him to tell old war stories, plenty of instances of people describing his tenure and accomplishments with gooey nostalgia, and Campbell brings him back to speak to the team now and honors his legacy in both small and large ways (e.g., the uniform designs).

We have some work to do with Rhoads in that sense.

Hence why I put quotes around those words to indicate their imprecision and ward off negative connotations.