Steve Alford denies contact with Missouri

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Absolutely worth a listen in the Iowa Everything podcast. Miller had a source that the Alford camp reached out to Mizzou and he kind of reported it. After the story came out, he said the Iowa staff basically met with him in a room he didn't know existed at CHA and tried to intimidate him. Not physically but very, very awkward sounding.
Dem good ole Iowa boys. You know.
I had to see what the "bag man" is up to today and I wasn't suprised. LOL.
Who got bag-ed?

Iowa. The gift (or something) that keeps on giving.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Absolutely worth a listen in the Iowa Everything podcast. Miller had a source that the Alford camp reached out to Mizzou and he kind of reported it. After the story came out, he said the Iowa staff basically met with him in a room he didn't know existed at CHA and tried to intimidate him. Not physically but very, very awkward sounding.
what minute mark is the story?

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
Is Jon still a drunk or nah?
I believe he is sober now. Didn’t know he had a problem, but I guess he did. Great for him. Hated the man in the late 2000s, but he seems like an okay dude now.

Alcoholism is nasty. I’ve always felt like I know when to quit, but others definitely struggle. Anybody who can kick that addiction has my respect.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Dem good ole Iowa boys. You know.

Who got bag-ed?

Iowa. The gift (or something) that keeps on giving.

Being totally honest, about 75% of the time I have no clue what the point of your posts is. You are operating on a completely different level from me. Lol.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Being totally honest, about 75% of the time I have no clue what the point of your posts is. You are operating on a completely different level from me. Lol.
I'm a little off-center, I'll admit. Also a bit sarcastic, but try to be good natured about it.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes probably not. Have a good night. :)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm a little off-center, I'll admit. Also a bit sarcastic, but try to be good natured about it.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes probably not. Have a good night. :)
You’re the Jim Ignatowski of Cyclone Fanatic. Hope you get the reference!

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You’re the Jim Ignatowski of Cyclone Fanatic. Hope you get the reference!
I liked Jim, he was very good. Good on Taxi!

He was better in The Office and Jack Ryan. Had to become much more serious. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Jon Miller

Aug 14, 2022
Is Jon still a drunk or nah?
Have not had a drink since 9/30/06. Do not intend to. It would likely destroy everything good in my life and frankly, I just have zero desire. 420 here and there...and no hangover...but mostly over the past 16 years, I have come to really, really enjoy being in total control of my faculties at all times...I like to play video games at night...and I am too competitive just to play for fun...and being drunk would really get in the way of that ;)

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Have not had a drink since 9/30/06. Do not intend to. It would likely destroy everything good in my life and frankly, I just have zero desire. 420 here and there...and no hangover...but mostly over the past 16 years, I have come to really, really enjoy being in total control of my faculties at all times...I like to play video games at night...and I am too competitive just to play for fun...and being drunk would really get in the way of that ;)

No more account with the spider avatar?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Congrats. Many times it can be used as a stress reliever, but in the long run getting buzzed/drunk actually creates more stress than it relieves. I've found it more fun to remember the big events in my life (so being sober) than getting drunk and having vague memories of those events.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

how much does it pain you that iowa state fans are better people than hawk fans? glad to have you here

Jon Miller

Aug 14, 2022
how much does it pain you that iowa state fans are better people than hawk fans? glad to have you here
we are Iowans. Which means, in my opinion, there are more good among us than bad. We all come across examples of both…but I think it’s still more good than bad. In all my visits to Ames, it was 95pct great, 5pct deserved

Help Support Us

Become a patron