Steele Jantz-Jerome Tiller-James Capello-Jared Barnett...

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
The funny thing is a lot of people on here are talking like its Jantz to lose... personally I feel it's Tillers to lose. Tiller gave us One of the two Biggest victories in the CPR Era and you all write him off like hes dirt. You need to get your head on straight think about it what was the last Cyclone Qb to have a 50/50 winning percentage. Thats what I thought, and dont write off Barnett he ran this Offense in HS for 4 years so if anyone has the best grasp on the Offense its him.

In the end whom ever starts is ok with me because the people that really know the talent level of the guys day in and day out, believe that they give us the best chance to WIN. In the ends thats all that matters.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I'm hearing Jantz has the FB IQ to overcome the lack of experience. I think it's Jantz job to lose and Tiller has a lot of progress to make.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
The funny thing is a lot of people on here are talking like its Jantz to lose... personally I feel it's Tillers to lose. Tiller gave us One of the two Biggest victories in the CPR Era and you all write him off like hes dirt. You need to get your head on straight think about it what was the last Cyclone Qb to have a 50/50 winning percentage. Thats what I thought, and dont write off Barnett he ran this Offense in HS for 4 years so if anyone has the best grasp on the Offense its him.

I'm not going to speculate on who the starting QB will be before Spring.

But I do want to point out that the Nebraska game was won because of defense, not the offense that put up 9 points. The offense when Tiller has been playing has been incredibly conservative, relying on the running game from both the QB and RB positions. Tiller has not shown a great deal of accuracy or an ability to control a game, and that's the reason there is a healthy competition.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
I'm not going to speculate on who the starting QB will be before Spring.

But I do want to point out that the Nebraska game was won because of defense, not the offense that put up 9 points. The offense when Tiller has been playing has been incredibly conservative, relying on the running game from both the QB and RB positions. Tiller has not shown a great deal of accuracy or an ability to control a game, and that's the reason there is a healthy competition.

While I do agree with you once I think about it more. D did win that game but you cant say he can however control a game thats what he does, he did not turn it over Like AA Which we need to state that AA showed anynone of the things that you just listed that Tiller lacks, either. Hence why i contiune to say that we have not had a quality QB for way to long.

Reactions: Wesley

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is Jantz's job to lose not Tiller's. I think this obvoiusly because we brought him in as a JUCO. And i just don't have that feeling that Tiller will improve enough to become our starter next year.
I think they are uncomfortable with all four and hope someone will excel.

Rabbit

Feb 7, 2011
You don't bring in a Juco QB to not play. I think the staff fully expects Jantz to start and it is his job to lose.

If some one beats him out I'm hoping it is either Capello or Barnett because I just don't think we win many ballgames with Tiller running the show.
I hope Jantz goes down yeah hes good at the long bomb so use him on hail mary situations. Jerome Tiller was the quarterback who was playing when they beat Nebraska, not Austin Arnuad. Jerome Tiller didn't even throw 1 int. last year, not even one when they played Mizzou. And he threw a touchdown on his first drive in the Colorado game. And Arnuad couldn't do that. But If he can't start I want James Cappello or Jared Barnett. Especially since Paul Rhoads gave him a lot of comments and said he was going to be the quarterback of the future. And Cappello had an average 9 yards a carry thats pretty good even though he only ran a few times. And Steel Jantz played in Junior college ball not division 1 ball. theres a lot more competition here and a lot better teams.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I hope Jantz goes down yeah hes good at the long bomb so use him on hail mary situations. Jerome Tiller was the quarterback who was playing when they beat Nebraska, not Austin Arnuad. Jerome Tiller didn't even throw 1 int. last year, not even one when they played Mizzou. And he threw a touchdown on his first drive in the Colorado game. And Arnuad couldn't do that. But If he can't start I want James Cappello or Jared Barnett. Especially since Paul Rhoads gave him a lot of comments and said he was going to be the quarterback of the future. And Cappello had an average 9 yards a carry thats pretty good even though he only ran a few times. And Steel Jantz played in Junior college ball not division 1 ball. theres a lot more competition here and a lot better teams.

The better not be THE Rabbit. Players shouldn't be on message boards; coaches know what's going on not us.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

-JT was kept on a tight leash the Nebby game, Scwartz had 25+ carries that game to run the clock. The TD pass was only set up because we had gone for a fake punt.
-Loosen the leash, you get the A&M game.
-JT also has an awful completion percentage (sometime many AA haters always criticized him for) and has more INT's then TD's.
-He went 11 for 22 against UNI for 87 yards.... Pretty pathetic, against the worst team we played all of last year.

I see the competition as an even keel for the most part, with maybe Jantz being slightly ahead as of right now. I just can't see JT being the starter next year, and if he is, it may be a long, long year.

Still waiting to see the verdict of Capello and Barnett.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Just draw a name out of a hat and call it a day, seriously though the best player will win the job that is how it works right?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
News flash: Jucos can come in and make an immediate impact at qb.

Signed,
Cam Newton

This is completely different. Urban Meyer signed Cam Newton out of high school. He was always highly recruited. His road to JUCO was much different and had nothing to do with his ability to play. Steele was there because it was his opportunity to get serious looks at QB. I think people are expecting a lot out of Jantz and as soon as it looks like he may not live up to the hype, they will jump ship for the backup. I hope he does make a similar impact to Cam, but I certainly don't expect it.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
While I do agree with you once I think about it more. D did win that game but you cant say he can however control a game thats what he does, he did not turn it over Like AA Which we need to state that AA showed anynone of the things that you just listed that Tiller lacks, either. Hence why i contiune to say that we have not had a quality QB for way to long.

Check out ISU's offensive ppg in games that Tiller played at least a half..they averaged around 9 ppg. No freaking way he is the starter this fall.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron